Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Here is a new problem for my Bionic...reboots. I have owned this phone for over 6 months now and during the past couple of weeks I have been having random inconvenient reboots. Some after sending a text, some after ending a call, and one yesterday in the middle of a call.

Anyone else having issues like this? I have also noticed some data drops lately as well. My area has been pretty solid for 4G for a long time so I'm wondering if there are Vzw issues.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is a new problem for my Bionic...reboots. I have owned this phone for over 6 months now and during the past couple of weeks I have been having random inconvenient reboots. Some after sending a text, some after ending a call, and one yesterday in the middle of a call.

Anyone else having issues like this? I have also noticed some data drops lately as well. My area has been pretty solid for 4G for a long time so I'm wondering if there are Vzw issues.

Look at any recently installed apps, they could be the source of the problem. Then you could try a factory reset...

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second day of smooth running again. I'm wondering if there was a tower issue in my area that has been resolved.

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you still having the random reboots? My phone has started doing this too. I've had the Bionic since day 1 and it has just started this in the past month or two. It can just be sitting on the desk or in my pocket and then I hear the startup machine sound as it is booting up. It has also done it after sending a text or closing the browser, etc. I have not tried a factory reset yet and I haven't installed any new apps lately. Any other ideas?

King Howie

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
One of my buddies has a bionic, and a couple months ago his began with the spontaneous reboots. I told him to put his factory battery in for a day and see what happens. It stopped rebooting. He was using a non - oem extended battery.

I'd start by using another battery, if you have one