ICS 6.7.230

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'o actually posting this from my lapdock, the webtop seems to work just fine on this version. Stock launcher and no problems at all. It looks a bit different to me than the previous version, I haven't played with it enough to see if it's more usable than the last mess, but I suspect since they took out any true desktop browser I'm not going to like it much.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
SamuriHL, your script worked for me. Took a couple of tries due to my not realizing that the 902 FXZ file needed to be unzipped and that the 230 file was a zip inside a zip. Once I got that squared away it worked fine. Didn't root despite me putting the Razrs Edge files inside the FXZ folder, but that wasn't a big deal, Razrs Edge itself is about as simple as it gets.

Thanks a lot, that beat the heck out of doing it all manually then installing from scratch, which I'd just done for the 229 leak.

Reactions: Ry

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea I need to update my post with the script to help some more people. The good news is the cellzealot said he flashed back to 905 because he was preparing to install this and he was prompted to install it ota. He is not part of a soak test so he believes 230 is definitely going to be the ota release and likely pushed out very soon!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Those that have run both .229 and .230 is there any difference in performance or battery life or is the only difference is simply webtop fixed? I don't use Webtop so not a concern for me. .229 works great with no issues, so needing info on if it is worth the trouble of updating or if I should wait for OTA.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
New kernel again, as well. It's looking very likely that this is going to be the OTA. No guarantees but CellZealot had 230 pushed to him OTA when he went back to 905 last night. That's almost a surefire sign that this will end up being OTA.

Reactions: Yaish

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It will reboot it into fastboot, so, it doesn't NEED to be, but, I use quick boot to manually put it in fastboot myself.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I encountered one small bug where after undocking from the lapdock, my swype keyboard was very small and only took up the upper left quadrant assigned to the onscreen keyboard. Worse, the buttons were still all mapped correctly to their original display size, so you had to tap blindly to hit the correct buttons. A reboot fixed it.

I haven't tested it with a different keyboard set as default, so it might just be a swype compatibility issue.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys messed around with Smart Actions yet?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the default nighttime one. Love it. They rock. Will play around more with it when I get some time.

kuyawil

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys messed around with Smart Actions yet?

Yes, and it has already given me two suggestions, one for battery power conservation and the other for when my battery drops below a certain percentage. I really like it. These suggestions are given based on your usage. I think it's pretty cool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not yet but CellZealot had something interesting happen to him last night. He went back to 905 because he was getting ready to side load 230. He booted into 905 and was prompted to install 230 as an OTA! He's not part of a soak test and is not part of any moto specific group. This is a sure sign that it's going to become the OTA unless a major bug is found in QA testing. I expect a soak test soon.

Reactions: Grettski

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The smart actions are pretty cool. I've got several running, from automatic screen dimming in the evening to going on silent mode once plugged in after 10:00 PM, with VIP settings for important contacts. Smart actions are definitely a worthwhile addition.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
It will reboot it into fastboot, so, it doesn't NEED to be, but, I use quick boot to manually put it in fastboot myself.

Forgot to mention, mine wouldn't automatically boot into fastboot, I had to do it manually both times. From there the script ran and completed, although it gave me errors on the first few files. Still it worked and saved me several hours of putting stuff back. Thanks for the time and effort you put into that and for giving it to the community. No doubt I'll be using it again for the next leak or the OTA.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to mention, mine wouldn't automatically boot into fastboot, I had to do it manually both times. From there the script ran and completed, although it gave me errors on the first few files. Still it worked and saved me several hours of putting stuff back. Thanks for the time and effort you put into that and for giving it to the community. No doubt I'll be using it again for the next leak or the OTA.

Yea, seems everyone is having the same issue. I added a troubleshooting section to the post to add directions on getting into fastboot. I might amend the script at some point. Seems for some reason it doesn't always find the phone until you manually restart into fastboot. And yes, I think this script will be useful for a while. I hope we get a new FXZ at some point. Makes playing with leaks more fun as you don't have to constantly restore from backup or re-set up your phone.

Reactions: 3rdpig and Ry

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Any GPS issues with .230? For me, GPS would not work on .2233, so I went back to 902/905. I may have to try this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty