BP Paniced

ztaiclet

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
So i just started getting these error codes, my phone shows no signal and this error flashes for a few seconds:

bp paniced
into bp core dump mode
saving bp core bump failed
switch to bp bypass mode

and then the phone restarts and does the same thing. took it to verizon and they didnt know what was going on with it and said it had something to do with when i rooted my phone, which i didnt even know i did. I did install the go launcher with the windows 7 theme but didnt think that, that would root my phone. but anyways verizon tried a few things even factory resetting but it cant get passed the droid character before the phone restarts. verizon also said my phone looked banged up and wasnt covered under warranty, but regardless if its a hardware failure it shouldnt matter what it looks like. any help with this would be great.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So i just started getting these error codes, my phone shows no signal and this error flashes for a few seconds:

bp paniced
into bp core dump mode
switch to bp bypass mode

and then the phone restarts and does the same thing. took it to verizon and they didnt know what was going on with it and said it had something to do with when i rooted my phone, which i didnt even know i did. I did install the go launcher with the windows 7 theme but didnt think that, that would root my phone. but anyways verizon tried a few things even factory resetting but it cant get passed the droid character before the phone restarts. verizon also said my phone looked banged up and wasnt covered under warranty, but regardless if its a hardware failure it shouldnt matter what it looks like. any help with this would be great.

Installing Go Launcher does not root your phone and if you don't remember rooting, then you didn't root. My suggestion would be to call customer support and go through phone support. They are more likely to issue you a replacement than the idiots at your local store.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

bp paniced
into bp core dump mode
switch to bp bypass mode

It has nothing to do with your launcher, and if you didnt root (you would know if you did). The radio(BP=Baseband Processor which is the radio) in the phone has failed and it cant communicate with the network. I had this happen to my first Bionic.

Call VZW tech support and talk to them. Tell them what is happening and they will replace it. Do not mention what the in store rep said(its bad info and useless to the tech), and let tech support make the call. They should replace it. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa