Annoying new feature

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
For some reason whenever my phone restarts at night or whenever it won't make or receive calls. People try to call me and it goes right to voicemail and when I try to call out it dials and disconnects the call. I love new features that are put into our phones but this one kinda stinks..... (s24u esim with xfinity)

TooDarkPark

Mar 7, 2024
Visit site
I restarted my phone last night and when it restarted, it said no sim. I gave it 10 minutes and still no sim. had to restart again and this time both eSims loaded up. This might be a bug.

Reactions: joker772

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
I don't use the auto restart feature but I know when u restart the device and don't unlock it it won't alert you notifications so I'm assuming it does for calls not answered so u are aware, probably only way get around it is turn of auto restart.
Yeah even when I unlock it for some reason if I don't make a call ASAP it does the thi g where it won't make or receive calls

Reactions: mustang7757

swatguy51

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
For some reason whenever my phone restarts at night or whenever it won't make or receive calls. People try to call me and it goes right to voicemail and when I try to call out it dials and disconnects the call. I love new features that are put into our phones but this one kinda stinks..... (s24u esim with xfinity)
I was having this same issue with my s22 ultra right before I got my s24 ultra. I used smart switch to move everything over and was worried it would transfer what every bug caused the issue. But haven't had the issue with the s24 ultra. Did you wipe the cache after the most recent update? (Verizon)

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
I was having this same issue with my s22 ultra right before I got my s24 ultra. I used smart switch to move everything over and was worried it would transfer what every bug caused the issue. But haven't had the issue with the s24 ultra. Did you wipe the cache after the most recent update? (Verizon)
I don't remember if I did but I just wiped it for good measure. I'm going to hope that's the issue but we shall see

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
I don't use the auto restart feature but I know when u restart the device and don't unlock it it won't alert you notifications so I'm assuming it does for calls not answered so u are aware, probably only way get around it is turn of auto restart.
Yeah it seems to be after an auto restart (I turned that off a while ago) but when and if the phone restarts on its own and I don't happen to notice it that's when it becomes an issue. I going to have to do some experiments to see if there is something I'm missing

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah it seems to be after an auto restart (I turned that off a while ago) but when and if the phone restarts on its own and I don't happen to notice it that's when it becomes an issue. I going to have to do some experiments to see if there is something I'm missing
Yeah experiment a little see what you can come up with, but my phone I don't restart unless a software update

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
Yeah experiment a little see what you can come up with, but my phone I don't restart unless a software update
Yeah I don't restart either if I don't have to but if the phone restarts itself I have an issue. This morning it took a half an hour for me to be able to make calls I kept getting the phone not on any network issue. Long story short I called the carrier and from what I was told it's a known issue and they are sending me a physical Sim to eliminate that part of the equation. From what they said it seems to be a software issue from Samsung but we are trying the Sim card first

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I don't restart either if I don't have to but if the phone restarts itself I have an issue. This morning it took a half an hour for me to be able to make calls I kept getting the phone not on any network issue. Long story short I called the carrier and from what I was told it's a known issue and they are sending me a physical Sim to eliminate that part of the equation. From what they said it seems to be a software issue from Samsung but we are trying the Sim card first
Ok let's see what happens afterwards , thanks for updating us .

Neurohax

Mar 13, 2024
Visit site
The auto-reboot thing is hidden under Settings -> Device Care - "Auto-Optimization". No idea on the eSIM issue.

(I knew it was an option and I still had to look it up after failing to find it for 15 minutes!)

Reactions: joker772

joker772

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
Not to be that guy but the SIM is activated, right?
Yeah it was went through the whole thing with the carrier it works when it wants to and other times it doesn't. Funny thing as I type this I am wondering if wifi calling has anything to do with it. For some reason. Y wifi resets some nights and my phone doesn't realize the wifi is still there or it doesn't reconnect because it is using xfinitys generic wifi (the xfinitgwifi) one and I have wifi calling turned on because my signal is junk in my house. Another thing to look at I guess.