DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Lapdock 500, and it turns my phone into a netbook, but with a tablet interface. I can plug in an external mouse, external monitor (which I haven't tried since updating to JB as the ICS functionality in this regard was a bit flakey), as well as hardwired ethernet. Even can plug in USB storage (flash drivers and external USB) for easy transfer of files.

I have it setup at work so I can watch my personal mail and browse without going through the corporate firewalls and such. Quite handy,

Does the front camera/webcam on the 500 work with the Bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

stefor

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Umm, not familiar with the 100, but the ATT website says its for the Atrix. Does someone know for sure this works for the Bionic. Thanks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Umm, not familiar with the 100, but the ATT website says its for the Atrix. Does someone know for sure this works for the Bionic. Thanks.

Yes, the Lapdock 100 works with the Bionic. The Atrix 2 (not Atrix) and Bionic have the same micro-HDMI/microUSB layout.

roadpizza73

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea no one knows the exact number. But they randomly pick non-soak testers to push it out to during the soak test. The soak is ending at noon today. I suspect the general push to start sometime between today and Friday.

That's A really rotten deal since one of the bionics here got hit with it overnight last Sun/Mon b4 I locked it out. Just this morning got it straightened out, -root. She doesn't use or need it, but you know who ends up maintaining it. waaaaaa :beer:

roadpizza73

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it their job to keep things secure? ;)

NO! Oh, sorry, I'll go shout at them. I'm peeved about some demand screen that popped up saying that to use m.gmail u hv 2 enable some real invasive remote administrator thingie. Who was that General or Admiral who when asked for surrender replied "Nuts"? waaaaaa

drstrangelove5

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
NO! Oh, sorry, I'll go shout at them. I'm peeved about some demand screen that popped up saying that to use m.gmail u hv 2 enable some real invasive remote administrator thingie. Who was that General or Admiral who when asked for surrender replied "Nuts"? waaaaaa

During the Battle of the Buldge, the Germans surrounded the Americans at Bastogne. The Germans asked the Americans for their surrender. General Anthony McAullife only response was "Nuts". A few days later Pattons third army broke the siege.

Fortunately I was able to interpret these feelings correctly: loss of essence.

Last edited:

dannchurch

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Does the front camera/webcam on the 500 work with the Bionic?

I haven't tried it on JB. I tried it a few weeks back on ICS using Talk and it was so-so. I don't know if there's a setting somewhere, but I noticed that the mic was still coming from the phone, which normally sits BEHIND the lapdock screen. I'll try tomorrow to see if its more usable since JB.

moonlightinwhite

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
$50 is a steal if you think about the parts involved, IMO.

Lapdock = keyboard, battery, mouse (via trackpad), and monitor.

;)
Oh, I agree. The 100 just doesn't provide any benefits for me, personally, as I was hoping for laptop functionality (like ethernet, video-out, webcam, etc). I realize the 500 does those things.

plrichard

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
So I have a question, I installed this yesterday from bone stock. Everything went fine, I wiped the cache and everything and everything is working perfectly. However, I keep getting an error message popping up at the bottom that says something like Gui exception abnormal situation wifi_login_screen (it disappears quickly so I'm not sure exactly what it says). Like I said everything is working fine, including the wifi, but this has popped up at least around 5 times since yesterday evening. Anyone know what this is and/or what I can do about it?

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So I have a question, I installed this yesterday from bone stock. Everything went fine, I wiped the cache and everything and everything is working perfectly. However, I keep getting an error message popping up at the bottom that says something like Gui exception abnormal situation wifi_login_screen (it disappears quickly so I'm not sure exactly what it says). Like I said everything is working fine, including the wifi, but this has popped up at least around 5 times since yesterday evening. Anyone know what this is and/or what I can do about it?

I was having that same problem... then told it to "forget" my home WiFi, let it re-find it, then signed back in. Hasn't happened again since, but that was only last night and I was at work all day (no WiFi), so we'll see.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress