DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Use the file explorer to move the zip file from device storage to the external sd card. Could also plug it into your computer and use its explorer to move it if you're more comfortable with that. Put it into the root folder (not root as in rooting the phone, just on the top level of the card). Then boot into recovery and you should see it.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've already mentioned that I JB OTA on monday. I'm not part of any soak test that I know of

And has also been mentioned before during a soak they push it out to a few hundred non soak testers as part of the test. Does not mean a general push has started.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
SamuriHL, I tried the BionicRoot a couple times.....no luck....I keep getting the error about the version of GB....It fails on step 3 of the exploit...

I have never seen that error before. Are you sure you're using RAZR edge and are on 6.7.246? Cause um.....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

chaoswyrm

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you connecting through bluetooth? If so is the bluetooth option enabled under Pandora's settings?

Anyway, I had absolutely no problems updating or with anything so far. This is a fantastic update, phone feels brand new. Only thing I noticed was that scrolling in some things like the contact list and new Play store isn't very smooth but that's me nitpicking.

I love the update, and frankly I have no clue. Everything else has been nearly perfect. Battery life is amazing so far, PowerAmp and Play Music feed data to my car's factory head unit, no noticeable whistle on my headphone jack, I kinda dig Google Now, and smooth as can be. Going to R&R Pandora and see if that fixes it, but if not, I will find another solution for in-car tunes. :)

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Email went out this morning. Soak test has concluded. Didn't notice any huge flaws so I'd guess this Friday for OTA to start. (Hopefully)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Only a few hundred? So I basically won the lottery. Yay!

Yea no one knows the exact number. But they randomly pick non-soak testers to push it out to during the soak test. The soak is ending at noon today. I suspect the general push to start sometime between today and Friday.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Unlike mooncatt my experience has been a huge improvement before and after. Really the only improvement I haven't seen is with the App Manager; but I do have a lot of apps installed.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm happy to report that I'm currently connected to my home wifi on the Bionic with JB just fine. We have one of the routers that the Razr lost the ability to connect to with their update, so I'm very surprised the Bionic is ok.

And we can probably thank Punit Soni for this and several other fixes between the Razr/Maxx JB and what we have!

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
This might be a nice deal for you lap dock users...

http://www.phonenews.com/deal- motorola-lapdock-100-22805/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dannchurch

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the Lapdock 500, and it turns my phone into a netbook, but with a tablet interface. I can plug in an external mouse, external monitor (which I haven't tried since updating to JB as the ICS functionality in this regard was a bit flakey), as well as hardwired ethernet. Even can plug in USB storage (flash drivers and external USB) for easy transfer of files.

I have it setup at work so I can watch my personal mail and browse without going through the corporate firewalls and such. Quite handy,

parsnip

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I use my lapdock on trips that I don't want to bring a full laptop. Easier to type email, bigger screen for web browsing and can use in the car! Also works great as a portable charger for camping trips!

Last edited:

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I may be getting off this crazy ride soon. I have someone volunteering to send me a used RAZR HD and I've decided to take it. I'm going to unlock the thing and never look back. I hope for a Bionic root some day but I'm not hopeful.

Hey Sam,

Surely lots of us Bionic users will be heading in different directions in the coming months. I personally am waiting as you suggested to see what Googlrola has planned, but also considering G4 or Note 2. JB does seem to have breathed some new life in my Bionic so not in a big rush. Having said all that, let me say that no matter which phones we may be getting, your breadth of knowledge will be just about impossible to replace in any other forum. If you do bolt soon, just want to say Thank You one more time, and Godspeed. :)

Brian aka Lefty Drummer

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link! Can someone tell me why I SHOULDN'T buy one? :p

In all seriousness, though...for those who use it, what do you use it for? Does it essentially turn your phone into a netbook?

It turns your phone into a non-touchscreen Android tablet.