DROID BIONIC Jelly Bean Update

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
And my point was that they ran into more hassles than they wanted to deal with on the Tegra processors, but did the job on the Atrix 2 because it had OMAP.

The Xoom runs Tegra.

The Atrix 2 isn't getting Jelly Bean.

I think it's more of a volume issue. There are probably more Bionics than Atrix 1 and 2s and Photons combined.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I get it everone is skeptical of us getting jb because of all the bs with this phone. However now that Google owns moto and is trying to mend fences with bionic owners do you really think they would plaster all over the net we are getting jb just to turn around and not give us jb.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I get it everone is skeptical of us getting jb because of all the bs with this phone. However now that Google owns moto and is trying to mend fences with bionic owners do you really think they would plaster all over the net we are getting jb just to turn around and not give us jb.

Just like nothing is official until it's official, nothing happens until it happens. :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
First leak a few days after Xmas according to my source. :) Who knows if they'll hold to that schedule, but, let's hope so!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, you may or may not be disappointed there. The House of Bionic has changed over the last month or so quite a bit. At least in terms of how I support it. I won't be making update installers when leaks come out. It's going to be a more "self service" model. The House of Bionic will already support the newest leaks out of the box. You just have to know how to add the support for it. It's VERY simple in reality. When I get some time I'm going to be adding some built in help screens to the HoB and I've asked for volunteers to create some videos that we can post. I also want to work on a tutorial, as well. I was beyond overwhelmed with support issues when 246 was released and I have ZERO intention of going through that again. I want the HoB to be useful to people, but, I can't spend that much time hand holding people through it. So when JB does drop, the current HoB already will support it and all you'll have to do is follow some very simple directions that amount to creating a new folder, adding some text to a filename, and running the HoB with your phone connected. It already does all that but it's not well understood apparently. I'll make it more obvious somehow.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Can't say I blame you there, Samuri. Creating a solution for people should not mean becoming their tech support when they can't read / follow directions. Your efforts are appreciated beyond anything anyone can do to thank you.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Was it leaked?

The DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD are in the 4.1 Jelly Bean rollout now.

My information leads me to believe that the RAZR/D4 will be AFTER the Bionic this time. :D Don't ask. ;)

Can't say I blame you there, Samuri. Creating a solution for people should not mean becoming their tech support when they can't read / follow directions. Your efforts are appreciated beyond anything anyone can do to thank you.

Yea, I don't mind helping people. I really don't, but, when it's the same repetitive "I know you're going to say I didn't read but _I READ IT ALL_ and your program DOESN'T WORK" nonsense to find out they didn't bother installing half the product cause they "assumed they didn't need it" even though it says "this will not work if you don't install everything" it gets really old. REALLY quick.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My information leads me to believe that the RAZR/D4 will be AFTER the Bionic this time. :D Don't ask. ;)

Sounds like a great way to "make things right".

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a great way to "make things right".

Sadly that's not quite the case. The Bionic ICS update is further along than the RAZR and D4 updates. There's a lot more work to be done for those phones. So, it's not a matter of them making things right more than they already did. ;)

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Sadly that's not quite the case. The Bionic ICS update is further along than the RAZR and D4 updates. There's a lot more work to be done for those phones. So, it's not a matter of them making things right more than they already did. ;)

Imagine if we'd gotten .247 rather than .246...

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Imagine if we'd gotten .247 rather than .246...

Perhaps your comment was tongue in cheek or you're unaware that .247 was a virtual duplicate of .246 at a time when Moto was holding VZW's nutz over the fire to end the update delays. Moto won and the process moved on.

The only problem was that Sam was required to jump through hoops to get those who moved to .247 back on the OTA path and to spend a whole lot of time convincing folks that the HoB .246 was identical to the OTA .246.

Good times, eh, Sam?! ;)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps your comment was tongue in cheek or you're unaware that .247 was a virtual duplicate of .246 at a time when Moto was holding VZW's nutz over the fire to end the update delays. Moto won and the process moved on.

The only problem was that Sam was required to jump through hoops to get those who moved to .247 back on the OTA path and to spend a whole lot of time convincing folks that the HoB .246 was identical to the OTA .246.

Good times, eh, Sam?! ;)

Oh yea, thrilling. cough cough. :) And don't forget convincing those who were on 247 that they should revert to 246. SO many disagreements on that one. Ah well. As I said, HoB doesn't require anything to start supporting JB leaks as soon as they come. Just make sure to check the security. Although so far I've not seen any leaks that are using new security for JB so that's good. We'll find out once we get our engineering build. ;)

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Sam,

What have you seen that's different on the D4 ICS build vs. the Bionic? My wife just upgraded to a D4, new model with ICS already installed.

Thanks in advance :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Numerous bug fixes. The D4 got their build quite a bit before ours. Same with the RAZR. For some reason VZW felt it necessary to pick on the Bionic for "build quality". We had 11 builds before VZW accepted one. 4 months of development time gave Moto a chance to fix pretty much all the major bugs. D4 and RAZR had upgrade bugs going from GB to ICS. Their builds don't include a patch that will allow an easy upgrade to JB, either. It was rumored they'd get an updated ICS build before JB was rolled out, but, Moto has since abandoned that plan and are creating a special JB build to upgrade what they have. That's not necessary for the Bionic, thank God. That's why we'll be getting it sooner than they will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez