So much for ICS fixing the data issue--I'm on 3G when it should be 4G

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I hardly ever see 3G service. I am in a 4G area and almost always have 4G showing onscreen. Minutes after getting ICS it shows 3G. thanks a lot, Moto.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
just go away.

whew. i finally uncovered the ignore feature for this forum. problem with annoying poster is fixed. none of us need that kind of annoyance. I'm one that hates seeing a thread derailed by personal animosity. lets, for the love of god, try to stay on topic.

Last edited:

brnscofrnld

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone had no connection for about 30 minutes or so after the update. Had me worried for a bit. I rebooted and all came back to normal or even better after about an hour or so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Dave, honestly take a big deep breath and relax. I know I'm not well known on here, but I read a lot more than I post. I've noticed from when I first came on this forum that you can get a little wound up. Also from my reading Mr Ry is a very helpful guy, and you were frankly very rude to him right from the start. So, just take it easy man, it's just a phone.

viper8315

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
This is my last post to this thread, since it seems you're getting a new phone anyways, and honestly, I'm just trying to help you out with forums in general. You're clearly angry over the performance of your Bionic, and you're taking it out on the members here. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be angry over your expections of how the phone should perform, but you DON'T have the right to take out your frustration on other members here. If you look at Ry's post he simply makes a statement that his 4G is working great, and if it was me in your shoes, I would take that information as OK maybe what I'm seeing is isolated to my phone, or local network coverage, etc. I would have then looked around at other postings and then discovered that no one else has been complaining about 4G data issues (post ICS) reaffirming the fact that maybe it's isolated. Then maybe taken steps to fix the problem (reboot, battery pull, sim card pull, etc). Instead, you quickly, and sarcastically jumped all over Ry. So in the end, you've now alienated yourself from your fellow android central members from offering you further assitance. Anyways, take my post whatever way you want, just trying to help you out going forward. Good luck with your new phone.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
. Good luck with your new phone.

thx. it's due in today, according to Verizon. :) I don't want to belabor the point of whine in the Bionic as it's going to be other people's problems--not mine. and if there are issues with the Maxx, I'm just going to hang with it til the Note II gets here , unless I opt to wait for the 32GB version which I've heard is not shipping on launch day. I need to find out just how limiting 16GB will be if I get that version and keep it for more than a year. I don't mind springing for a larger SD card (I have 16GB ones now), but I need to know more about the ramifications of having just 16 on board, given that I might use the Note for much more than I've ever used any other phone.

EDIT: lucky (not) me..got the maxx today, took forever to activate. first call I made was to verizon for an unrelated issue. using the speakerphone, I immediately noticed how AWFUL the sound was (probably the reason the phone was a refurb), so I had Verizon reactivate my Bionic and I'll send back the Maxx. I'll deal with this after I get back from vacation as I've run out of time for them to do a swap without a second maxx ending up sitting on my porch unattended for god-knows-how-long. sigh.

Last edited:

spskeldon

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I ran into this same problem. A little back story is in order.

When I first tried to upgrade, like many, I couldn't. I was jonesing for some ICS, so I did a full Titanium backup, FXZ'd to .902, and rolled through the OTAs to ICS. Everything was great, I restored missing apps and settings from Titanium, and noticed the next day that I was only on 3G. I punched in *#*#4636#*#* and found that, probably through my own fault restoring some obscure setting from my GB backup, I was only on GSM/CDMA auto (PRL). I switched it over to LTE/CDMA/EvDo and I've been fine since. It's like a brand new phone, couldn't be happier with this upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa