maybe im not right???....

kleinemaus19

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I went over to my iphone a few months ago while waiting for ICS to drop on my bionic. I finally got the update for it (my phone is still connected to wifi but not to my number) and I downloaded the software and when I went to install it, it wouldnt work. Ive attempted it 4 times and each time, it fails. Now I am thinking I can not update it over wifi and that it has to be actually hooked to my number. I called VZW and they said it should update over wifi (but as we all know, they sometimes dont know what theyre talking about...). I wanted to see the software in action before making my decision to go back to my droid or stay with my iphone... does anyone know if that is the case?:):):):)

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Was your Bionic ever rooted? If so, you'll likely need to revert to stock to get the install to complete successfully (that was my experience at least).

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine updated over wifi without a problem, and the whole process took about 20 minutes, including reboots and updates. And my phone was rooted at the time and remain rooted. Go figure.

kleinemaus19

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Was your Bionic ever rooted? If so, you'll likely need to revert to stock to get the install to complete successfully (that was my experience at least).
Yes it was rooted but I unrooted it and went back to Stock. Did a factory reboot and tried to reinstall it and didn't work. Sigh. I really wanna go back to my bionic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 40

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, give House of Bionic a look. SamuriHL has been making life easier for Bionic owners since the first ICS leaks started to come out, and the process is now pretty well refined.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Indeed. I've yet to hear of anyone that couldn't get ICS to install vita House of Bionic. Even users having troubles got it to work that way.

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I suffered the same issues with my Bionic. I actually used House of Bionic to FXZ to the stock Gingerbread. I was then able to upgrade via the OTA - but all-in-all, it may be easiest to just use HoB to move to ICS.