WiFi security update?

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the WiFi Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra in the United States still on November security update. Does anyone have a newer update? or have any idea when it is coming.

I use Outlook and Teams for my work, and it keeps warning me that I need to update to a newer security patch. It is disappointing that I have the most powerful and expensive tablet Samsung offers, and I don't have a current security patch.

This really makes me re-think my decision to even have a tablet. Maybe it is time to just switch back to a convertible Windows laptop. By the time I added the keyboard book cover, this thing is just as big and heavy as my Galaxy Book Pro 360.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has an update schedule in place for all of their devices, and unfortunately security updates will NOT be released monthly to all devices, even if they are flagships. Tablets are on their quarterly release schedule, so the new update shouldn't be too long, but yes, as it stands right now, all the Tab S9 line is still on the November 2023 security patch.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I know it is supposed to be quarterly. But November was last year, and we are nearly at the end of the 1st quarter.
It just seems like Samsung could do a little better after asking us to pay a premium for their devices.
This reminds me of why I left Samsung after the original Galaxy S phone. The updates were terrible back then. I didn't return until the S4, and even then, Samsung was just starting to be reliable with updates. Now they are great on phone updates. It's time to step it up with the tablets!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
November is mid Q4, March is late Q1... so they're still within the 'quarterly' release schedule even if they do that at the end of the month. I know it's not ideal, but they have been pretty transparent on what to expect when you buy their devices in terms of updates. Now, also remember that they're leveraging added protection from Knox on their devices when it comes to prioritizing security updates (or lack thereof).

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Keep in mind, Samsung usually does a new phone release in the 1st Qtr of each year. The release and subsequent problems that always follow the release of a new device takes up lot of resources. Since resources are limited, Samsung has to prioritize and balance those resources.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the February 1, 2024 Security update on my Wifi Tab s8 Ultra on March 2nd.

Maybe Samsung is releasing a firmware update along with the Security patch for the Tab s9 Ultra & it's taking a bit longer.
Screenshot_20240306_122028_Software update.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana