Done with Motorola and Bionic

jerryduncan52

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Bought the Bionic when it first came out. Incredibly disappointed in the mediocre performance of the phone and especially the lack of support from Motorola. Now we have to wait forever to get a basic OS update. Enough is enough. My renewal period is soon and it is bye-bye Motorola. I bought two Xooms as well and have been equally disappointed.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i'll be right behind you. in 3 months. or switching the sprint.

my phone is basically shot. can't find a battery. camera app wom't load up. constantly freezing. dropping calls. and V won't do anything about it now.

least with sprint. i wasn't forced to finish my contract with a broken phone. they did something about. V wants me to buy antoher phone off the internet for full price. and refurbgished.

WHAT A JOKE

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Snowwy, where have you looked for batteries? They're all over Ebay and Amazon.

Can you also explain to me why Verizon or Motorola would awe you any sort of phone because your camera app isn't working? If it's past its warranty period and you don't want to make a claim for insurance it isn't their responsibility.

Just because your particular phone is broken doesn't make it a problem with that model phone in particular. There could be hundreds of reasons you're experiencing problems that all relate to your handling and treatment of the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i'll be right behind you. in 3 months. or switching the sprint.

my phone is basically shot. can't find a battery. camera app wom't load up. constantly freezing. dropping calls. and V won't do anything about it now.

least with sprint. i wasn't forced to finish my contract with a broken phone. they did something about. V wants me to buy antoher phone off the internet for full price. and refurbgished.

WHAT A JOKE

The joke is you're still using a device you're clearly unhappy with. No reason why you can't have another phone now.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
the smart logic is this.

i shouldn't have to deal with insurance. and wait a month while i'm paying for services on a 2 year contract. when the phone is broke. it should be replaced. otherwise. how are you supposed to commit to your 2 year contract. with broken equipment.

when i had a problem with sprint. they replaced the phone. ON THE SPOT. if the phone was discontinued. they were nice enough to work with me on the contract for a new model.

don't get that kind of service with V. all they care is that they get your wallet. becuase, they are after all. the most expensive carrier.

as for batteries on ebay and amazon. they all seem to come from china. i've had smart phones for since the very first blackberry. so sorry about your luck.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has changed. They're all the same now. Good luck bouncing back and forth, getting angry all the time.

Yaish

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Was the phone broken when you got it? If so you should have returned it right away. Was it broken in the first 90 days? If so you should have returned it right away.
If your problems happened after that they are on YOU. Why should any company be responsible for the condition of a device they have no control over? They don't know if you dropped it, over heated it, got it wet, moneyed with the software, etc...

As for batteries where do you think the one in your phone came from originally? I've seen OEM batteries for sale every time I've looked.

Don't about a company engaging in perfectly reasonable business practices. Obviously it isn't an issue that affects Bionics in general because most users have nothing like your problems.
You complain about having wait for insurance with a broken phone yet instead you sit here with a broken phone and nothing on the way. Pay the $50 deductible, get a phone that works then sell it in a few months for $100 when you leave moto and Verizon for good.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I ditched it for a Galaxy Nexus when they did the preowned deal and haven't been sorry since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, thanks for sharing. Personally, I, and many others here, are not feeling th e same. Please be sure to let us know when you find the .perfect phone and company, unless of course, you decide that's the Jesus phone. Bye.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
the smart logic is this.

i shouldn't have to deal with insurance. and wait a month while i'm paying for services on a 2 year contract. when the phone is broke. it should be replaced. otherwise. how are you supposed to commit to your 2 year contract. with broken equipment.

when i had a problem with sprint. they replaced the phone. ON THE SPOT. if the phone was discontinued. they were nice enough to work with me on the contract for a new model.

don't get that kind of service with V. all they care is that they get your wallet. becuase, they are after all. the most expensive carrier.

as for batteries on ebay and amazon. they all seem to come from china. i've had smart phones for since the very first blackberry. so sorry about your luck.

The smart logic is understanding that you were able to initially purchase the phone at a discount by locking yourself into a two-year contract. The phone has it's own separate warranty. This is not tied to the two-year contract you signed.

And as far as I know, this is the case with all phones purchased with a long-term contract agreement and not specific to Verizon.

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the OP is completely off-base. I too bought the Bionic on Day 1 and participated in the reviews on this forum. There were alot of people immediately jumping ship and returning due to screen resolution, Camera quality, inconsistent connectivity. I decided to stick it out because I thought the pros outweighed the cons, and the few issues could be addressed by software updates. Alas, each update fixed errors and introduced new ones. I can get the phone stable...but I don't think it was ever the blockbuster phone I had hoped it would be. I had come from from the HTC Incredible, and did not have the level of frustration with that phone that I feel with the Bionic.

So now I'm limping ahead with the Bionic. Looking forward to upgrade this spring. I don't hate Motorola, but I don't think they are the premier handset maker these days. Samsung appears to have the current crown with a new version of their Galaxy flagship coming out soon. I think that will be my next choice.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Not that this means that Motorola will improve, but they are a completely different company now, owned by Google and with new management. It takes 12-18 months to develop a new phone, so the next phone hardware that comes out should finally be something that wasn't already in development under the old management. Every handset that's come out until now was contracted under old management.

I'm not sure that switching to Samsung is a bad idea, but I think that dismissing Motorola because of the Bionic is more an emotional than logical decision.

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Not that this means that Motorola will improve, but they are a completely different company now, owned by Google and with new management. It takes 12-18 months to develop a new phone, so the next phone hardware that comes out should finally be something that wasn't already in development under the old management. Every handset that's come out until now was contracted under old management.

I'm not sure that switching to Samsung is a bad idea, but I think that dismissing Motorola because of the Bionic is more an emotional than logical decision.

I agree with you here. But the "day one'ers" will be coming up for renewal in May (I believe). I don't see anything in the Motorola stable that would make me want to stay with this particular manufacturer.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you here. But the "day one'ers" will be coming up for renewal in May (I believe). I don't see anything in the Motorola stable that would make me want to stay with this particular manufacturer.

That's about the rumored time for the Google I/O conference, I believe, and it'll be interesting to see if there are any announcements or hints about what this Motorola X Phone turns out to be. Or if, like the new HTC One announced today, Verizon decides not to offer one, if there really is one.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If that X phone has buttons on the back like that article hinted at, I won't be able to help but laugh. "Now, not only can you butt dial people, but you can also take pocket pictures. It's multitasking at its finest!" :D

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If that X phone has buttons on the back like that article hinted at, I won't be able to help but laugh. "Now, not only can you butt dial people, but you can also take pocket pictures. It's multitasking at its finest!" :D

It wouldn't be the first time Motorola went with controls on the back..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87