I am very disappointed with Samsung's products and Samsung's service!

connorconstantine

May 18, 2021
Visit site
I am very disappointed with Samsung's products and Samsung's service! Samsung's product is almost the worst of its kind I have used, and Samsung's service is definitely the worst one I have ever seen!
I bought a Samsung mobile phone in October 2020, the model is: Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G. During my use of this phone, it always has various strange problems.
For example, it will mute itself, even if I turn on the volume to its maximum. As a result, I often miss customer messages.
I inserted a physical SIM card, which is my personal number, and the other eSIM is my business number. Although I switched to the eSIM business number as the primary number to call or send text messages, it still uses the physical SIM card to call and send text messages by default. This problem caused me a lot of trouble. I once asked a Samsung technician for help, but he still couldn't solve it after several attempts. He suggested resetting the phone, which I did. But after using it for a few days, it got this problem again.
One day I used my mobile phone to check information. When I wanted to open the big screen, it could not be fully opened, it could not be flat, it could only be a V shape. I gave up after trying twice, and I felt something was stuck in the connection of the phone. When I was going to send it to Samsung service for repair the next day, I found it could be opened again.
I thought I didn't need to worry about it anymore, but I didn't expect this to be the beginning of my nightmare.
After this happens in the mobile phone, its lens will often become blurred, and it will be blocked by the tiny water. I know it is not waterproof, so I never put it in water or even put it near water neither. Later I found that after I put it in my pocket, if I sweat, it will blur the lens in the next few hours. Or put it in the bathroom, and it will do the same, don't need to put it in or near water. The last time I couldn't bear the lens blur, I sent it to Samsung service for repair, and a week later they told me that this phone is not waterproof. If I want to repair it, I need to pay $2200. Later, I even negotiated with Samsung’s repairer several times. No matter how I explain to them, everyone would only mechanically reply that it is not waterproof. If it is repaired, I need to pay $2200. But they can give me a discount, minus $81. I didn't want to spend $2200 to repair this garbage, so Samsung notified me to take it back 10 days later.
The story is still not over.
When I took it back, it could not be turned on because the battery was completely empty. I brought it back home and charged it fully. Then I found that the lower part of the outside screen of my phone was not working properly. No matter how I touched it or clicked it, it didn't respond. The upper part is normal. I hastened contacted Samsung customer service online. I reported my problem to them, and Samsung suggested that I use the Samsung members app in my phone to report it. Then I did. But until today, two weeks have passed, Samsung still has not given any solution. I have contacted them several times during this period, and every time I got the answer: I’m sorry to hear this, please be patient.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Wow!! That is pretty awful service for such a premium phone. I had trouble with Samsung service with my S3. As a result I refused to buy myself another Samsung new till the S10+ in 2020. My husband used Noted though.

I am sorry you had these issues.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It has long been known that samsung's customer support is horrible, and I mean horrible. Your story matches so many other reports of their customer service. I've had had bad experiences with their customer service, fortunately not to your extent. I've never had issues like you on any of their phones either, fortunately.

I also have the fold 2 and have not had issues like you, it sounds like you got a lemon unfortunately. There has been a few times that I've had to give permission to apps that I thought I already did, you know like when you first install a app and set it up, but I've never been able to confirm it to myself yet.

Unfortunately you are in a bad situation with one of their most expensive phones. Trying to get thru to Samsung customer service is going to put you in the mental health institution. I would suggest trying to put insurance on the phone, I would have had it on this phone already, and claim it under that. Get a replacement and sell it. Although, any manufacturer is not going to cover water damage if they see any signs of it when opening the phone. Even when they say the phone is water proof, they aren't guranteed water proof.

Also. samsung's cameras are known not to be the greatest cameras from the start, so camera issues don't surprise me. Don't forget on the fold 2, they said you get a 1 time screen replacement for $139 or something like that. After the first replacement is $599. Take advantage of that maybe. I will say at least with apple customer service you get to talk to someone at customer service, that's next to impossible with Samsung and it's a nightmare with Samsung.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
It has long been known that samsung's customer support is horrible, and I mean horrible. Your story matches so many other reports of their customer service. I've had had bad experiences with their customer service, fortunately not to your extent. I've never had issues like you on any of their phones either, fortunately.

I also have the fold 2 and have not had issues like you, it sounds like you got a lemon unfortunately. There has been a few times that I've had to give permission to apps that I thought I already did, you know like when you first install a app and set it up, but I've never been able to confirm it to myself yet.

Unfortunately you are in a bad situation with one of their most expensive phones. Trying to get thru to Samsung customer service is going to put you in the mental health institution. I would suggest trying to put insurance on the phone, I would have had it on this phone already, and claim it under that. Get a replacement and sell it. Although, any manufacturer is not going to cover water damage if they see any signs of it when opening the phone. Even when they say the phone is water proof, they aren't guranteed water proof.

Also. samsung's cameras are known not to be the greatest cameras from the start, so camera issues don't surprise me. Don't forget on the fold 2, they said you get a 1 time screen replacement for $139 or something like that. After the first replacement is $599. Take advantage of that maybe. I will say at least with apple customer service you get to talk to someone at customer service, that's next to impossible with Samsung and it's a nightmare with Samsung.

Did you buy carrier locked or factory unlocked?