Upgrade Question - Sense or Motoblur

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I would go with the Bionic. Blur isn't that bad and Motorola makes better hardware in my opinion. The battery life on the Bionic should be better too.

+1
I can w/o a doubt first hand tell you this statement is true. The battrey life is going to shock alot of people. ;)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
OK my friend finally someone I have found that thinks like me so you help me and then I will give you a little scoop on Bionic but in PM. :)

OK I want to buy a device with Motoblur not sense. So this means a Samsung device like yours or HTC for sense and of course Motorola for blur.

Tell me why your preference went with sense and not blur and what was the deciding factors in this?

Like I said before, I don't find anything particularly wrong with Blur, and a lot of the hatred towards it I feel is completely unwarranted. Everyone has their own opinion though, and that's just me.

To be specific, I just like the looks of Sense over Blur. Blur feels a little "cheap" to me, I don't really know how to explain it, but maybe it just doesn't have the eye candy that I like to see. As far as functionality goes, there's not much difference between the two, and Blur is just as capable as Sense.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Like I said before, I don't find anything particularly wrong with Blur, and a lot of the hatred towards it I feel is completely unwarranted. Everyone has their own opinion though, and that's just me.

To be specific, I just like the looks of Sense over Blur. Blur feels a little "cheap" to me, I don't really know how to explain it, but maybe it just doesn't have the eye candy that I like to see. As far as functionality goes, there's not much difference between the two, and Blur is just as capable as Sense.

Chris,
Thank you for the feedback as this is really a big help to me and I am sure others to get your impressions. Now all I have to do is form my own.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty much in the same boat here. My NE2 is up right now, and I am debating between these 2 devices from the original OG Droid. I am thinking of getting a used Droid X off craigslist to tide me over until the Bionic comes out and I can play with the both of them. I haven't really used either Sense or Blur, but I see allot of people hate one or the other. I just kinda wished they were like home replacements and you could buy and download whichever one you wanted and liked from the marketplace. I just honestly don't know how long I can hold out for either of these devices to comeout with all of the delays.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if running a third party launcher on top of Blur or Sense slows the phone down? In other words, should I flash a vanilla rom if I plan on using LauncherPro? Tux!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
No need to switch roms. Just delete any Widgets running on the home screens before switching launchers otherwise you will have them running in the back... Widgets don't really use too many resources so don't worry about them slowing things down.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What I liked most was the unlock on Sense. Pull down to unlock just works for me. Other things are a pain though with stuff like "phone contacts" vs "Google contacts" (as far as I know, this was a minor problem with my parent's Droid X and my girlfriend's DInc).

I didn't get to use Blur very much, and I look forward to trying it out on the Bionic. I'm also looking forward to Sense 2.0...basically, I want both phones and I want them now.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am partial to HTC love my Incredible. Also the Thunderbolt will be working on the 3G and of course the 4G where available. BUT also you can talk on it while using the data over 3G ! Everyone seems to be forgetting this great feature on the device. Can't do that with the iphone and I don't believe can on the Bionic and if I am wrong it is ok to correct me !

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The reason I'm leaning towards to the tbolt instead of waiting for the Bionic is the wonderful experience I had with my droid x. My first one randomly rebooted, the replacement one had a broken headset port that wouldn't allow a wired mic to work, and the second replacement has random reboots but not as often.

It isn't blur that I'm worried about, but rather the hardware build quality

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The reason I'm leaning towards to the tbolt instead of waiting for the Bionic is the wonderful experience I had with my droid x. My first one randomly rebooted, the replacement one had a broken headset port that wouldn't allow a wired mic to work, and the second replacement has random reboots but not as often.

It isn't blur that I'm worried about, but rather the hardware build quality

That surprises me, as most people seem to say that Moto's build quality is better than HTC...of course, there is always an exception to the rule!

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That surprises me, as most people seem to say that Moto's build quality is better than HTC...of course, there is always an exception to the rule!

My wife and I had issues with our RAZR's as well when we had them. I should add that the droid 1 was just fine

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend taking a few minutes in your local ATT store and comparing the inspire hd to the atrix. That should give you a solid view of the differences between the thunderbolt and the bionic. From the ui's to the actual devices themselves. Those are essentially the att versions of the same devices for VZW.

Reactions: rookie83

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
good thing engine to recommend comparing them at ATT I was going with the bionic first but the more I talk to freinds they say I may like the thunderbolt ui better to ATT I go to play!

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
good thing engine to recommend comparing them at ATT I was going with the bionic first but the more I talk to freinds they say I may like the thunderbolt ui better to ATT I go to play!

Cool. I am reading all the comments in the atrix threads. Sounds like there are some issues there. Performance is great but some are complaining about the screen and everyone seems to hate blur and of course the att HSPA+ network is a joke.

I Think I know what I am doing on my lunch hour tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa