Moto's Bionic is Dead?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about humps and bumps. Dealbreakers are RAM and WebTop for me.

Sent from my Droid

Was 512MB RAM okay for you before though? There's no way they would decrease it, but they could increase it to 1GB. If they did, I guess the question would then be how much of it would be usable by the phone (Did they increase it solely for the use of the webtop? Or is the full capacity usable by the phone?).

I don't care at all about the WebTop. I wouldn't use it. But, if they increase the RAM to 1GB solely for the use of the WebTop, that wouldn't discourage me. It just wouldn't be of any benefit for me at all.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Was 512MB RAM okay for you before though? There's no way they would decrease it, but they could increase it to 1GB. If they did, I guess the question would then be how much of it would be usable by the phone (Did they increase it solely for the use of the webtop? Or is the full capacity usable by the phone?).

I don't care at all about the WebTop. I wouldn't use it. But, if they increase the RAM to 1GB solely for the use of the WebTop, that wouldn't discourage me. It just wouldn't be of any benefit for me at all.

If they increase the memory to 1GB and added webtop just like the Atrix, here will be the break down:
android OS: 512 MB
webtop: 512 MB

Now, if they added 1GB DDR2, that is liking having 512 MB DDR2, which is almost like having 1GB DDR in the phone.

Moto CEO said that after June 2011 all there high end smartphones will have webtop. So that also means Targa/Bionic will also have webtop as well.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If they increase the memory to 1GB and added webtop just like the Atrix, here will be the break down:

Now, if they added 1GB DDR2, that is liking having 512 MB DDR2, which is almost like having 1GB DDR in the phone.

Moto CEO said that after June 2011 all there high end smartphones will have webtop. So that also means Targa/Bionic will also have webtop as well.

I do not want it with the android OS: 512 MBDDR2 Ram and webtop: 512 MB DDR2 Ram Like the Atrix!!! I would like to see it with 1gb DDR2 Ram all phone. Don't really need the notebook dock. I can do more with my lap top....

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

I wonder if Motorola is rethinking their position on the webtop feature though 'cause I haven't seen any real positive feedback on it. While some may consider the webtop idea a good one, I don't see any that says the execution of the idea is well done. There's just been too many negative comments regarding the speed, function, etc. So, maybe the whole webtop feature gets retooled or canceled too.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Motorola is rethinking their position on the webtop feature though 'cause I haven't seen any real positive feedback on it. While some may consider the webtop idea a good one, I don't see any that says the execution of the idea is well done. There's just been too many negative comments regarding the speed, function, etc. So, maybe the whole webtop feature gets retooled or canceled too.

I hope so. To make this a real sale point for me they would have to consider:
  1. Lower the darn cost of that dock. $600 is just...NUTS. $150-$250 you'd have a sale!
  2. Give us an option of how to handle RAM allocation. Pooled, separate, or whatever. Yeah, the Atrix has 1GB but 1/2 of that is for WebTop and therefore useless to most users.
  3. Speed - should be comparable to a good high end tablet computer.

If the WebTop feature is scrapped for the Targa/Bionic altogether I won't necessarily miss it. Moto has spent tons of money advertising it for the Atrix, but minimal time making it attractive.

I'm eager to see what the Targa/Bionic is going to be when the details are released. The bottom line is I need a phone that will be solid for the 2 years I'm going to be using it.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

512 is not enough. My hopes Dolfan is that they increase the RAM to a gig otherwise I'm going to pass on the Bionic. If they add a gig and slap webtop on it I'm out as well.

Sent from my Droid

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I hope so. To make this a real sale point for me they would have to consider:
  1. Lower the darn cost of that dock. $600 is just...NUTS. $150-$250 you'd have a sale!
  2. Give us an option of how to handle RAM allocation. Pooled, separate, or whatever. Yeah, the Atrix has 1GB but 1/2 of that is for WebTop and therefore useless to most users.
  3. Speed - should be comparable to a good high end tablet computer.

If the WebTop feature is scrapped for the Targa/Bionic altogether I won't necessarily miss it. Moto has spent tons of money advertising it for the Atrix, but minimal time making it attractive.

I'm eager to see what the Targa/Bionic is going to be when the details are released. The bottom line is I need a phone that will be solid for the 2 years I'm going to be using it.

I agree with everything you say. I had actually forgotten about the cost. Another major drawback to the webtop feature.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I do not want it with the android OS: 512 MBDDR2 Ram and webtop: 512 MB DDR2 Ram Like the Atrix!!! I would like to see it with 1gb DDR2 Ram all phone. Don't really need the notebook dock. I can do more with my lap top....

I also do not want webtop as well and just wish they would increase the size to 1GB DDR2. I just repeating what Motorola CEO has said during their earnings call.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site

I hope so too.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This really upsets me too. I don't want the humpty-hump. Absolutely despise it. So much so that it's just about a deal breaker for me. I'm really gonna have to rethink what I'm going to do. Looks like the Thunderbolt, Charge, and Revolution are all going to get much more of my attention. Sucks too 'cause I really liked the hardware specs on the Bionic.

I share your sentiments completely...ugh. :-\

You make a joke about it but there will still be people in denial over this announcement : )

*cough*Droid800*cough* :p

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I share your sentiments completely...ugh. :-\

Oh come now.. unless the Bionic comes out looking like a device sold by an adult bookstore I plan to give it my first consideration.

I'm with CK and others - hump, no hump, I could care less. I want performance, functionality, and rock solid.

Reactions: corymcnutt

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
oh come now.. Unless the bionic comes out looking like a device sold by an adult bookstore i plan to give it my first consideration.

I'm with ck and others - hump, no hump, i could care less. I want performance, functionality, and rock solid.

amen brothdr (or sister) !!!?

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh come now.. unless the Bionic comes out looking like a device sold by an adult bookstore I plan to give it my first consideration.

I'm with CK and others - hump, no hump, I could care less. I want performance, functionality, and rock solid.

Yah, I want those things too, but I also want a phone whose form factor is ergonomically correct for a cell phone. I feel that the hump is an ergonomic catastrophe, and the ergonomics of a device that I use as much as my phone are important to me. I've played with my brothers Droid X and hated the feel of the phone in my hands (thought it was great besides that though). Just awkward and kind of top-heavy. Even he said that when he first got it, he almost dropped it a few times solely because of that. He has since got used to it, but wishes it was of a more standard form factor that made sense for a phone...sentiments which I echo. Maybe I'm in the minority on this, which is fine, but that's how I feel about it. The hump is a deal-breaker for me and I will look elsewhere for a phone if that's the outfit the eventual Bionic is dressed in. There are certainly other amazing phones coming down the pipeline that will suit my preferences, so I'm not worried. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11