What now?

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Heya CloeHokie,

Did your training by any chance talk about dates that they would formally communicate this to Verizon customers and explain the whole shift to them?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
CloeHokie,

Did they happen to mention a release date on the Nexus 3 and/or confirmation of whether or not it's a Verizon phone?

Kidding...kidding.... :cool:

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sadly it looks like I have to quote you too. I went back to my Curve 8330 after returning my Thunderbolt. Been trying to decide between the Xperia Play,Droid 3, or Charge. I guess I have to wait for an official answer about where BB smartphone users stand in regards to tiered data.

Well to my knowledge any smartphone user can keep it including BB. I am just being cautious and its the only snag I can think of.

Reactions: experiment 626

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well to my knowledge any smartphone user can keep it including BB. I am just being cautious and its the only snag I can think of.
Thanks for sharing what you know.On the plus side,all the devices on my list are out,or should be out,by the time tiered data kicks in and BB users are not GF'd in.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am not eligible for an upgrade until later in July, so if changes are made I have no choice but to comply. I can only hope for a shared family data plan...which would likely save us money.

Just to be an arse I will rationalize the predicted date of July 7 for the Bionic...

July 7 is one day after the 20 month mark from the original Droid...which would be the next upgrade date for anyone on the original NE2....

Of course, this means nothing, but it gives me something to be happy about...LOL.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not eligible for an upgrade until later in July, so if changes are made I have no choice but to comply. I can only hope for a shared family data plan...which would likely save us money.

Just to be an arse I will rationalize the predicted date of July 7 for the Bionic...

July 7 is one day after the 20 month mark from the original Droid...which would be the next upgrade date for anyone on the original NE2....

Of course, this means nothing, but it gives me something to be happy about...LOL.
doesnt matter, youll be GFed regardless

neverdye

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm like many of you in here: Picking up the Charge today from Costco for $180. I really wanted a Moto phone (have always been a fan of their build quality) with dual core/LTE. Oh well. I'm sure the Charge will be a huge improvement over my Storm2.

I know Costco also has a 90 day return/exchange policy, so I'm not sure if the Bionic/GSII comes out in those 90 days if I can switch phones without being put on tiered pricing. Either way I'm getting a new phone today!:D

knorm18

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm like many of you in here: Picking up the Charge today from Costco for $180. I really wanted a Moto phone (have always been a fan of their build quality) with dual core/LTE. Oh well. I'm sure the Charge will be a huge improvement over my Storm2.

I know Costco also has a 90 day return/exchange policy, so I'm not sure if the Bionic/GSII comes out in those 90 days if I can switch phones without being put on tiered pricing. Either way I'm getting a new phone today!:D

I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I didn't have time to read them. I have checked at the 2 Costco locations in my area, and was told the same at both.

You have 14 days per Verizon policy to return a phone for a different phone, and 90 days per Costco policy to exchange the phone, but only for the same phone. I was thinking about picking up the Charge at Costco and returning it if it had issues, but was told I could only get a new Charge if it was after the initial 14 days.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

neverdye

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I didn't have time to read them. I have checked at the 2 Costco locations in my area, and was told the same at both.

You have 14 days per Verizon policy to return a phone for a different phone, and 90 days per Costco policy to exchange the phone, but only for the same phone. I was thinking about picking up the Charge at Costco and returning it if it had issues, but was told I could only get a new Charge if it was after the initial 14 days.
I have heard the same, BUT I found this on Costco's website:

If I do not like my phone, can I exchange my phone for another phone?

Costco.com's exchange policy for cellular phones is 90 days from date of purchase. During the exchange process you will be charged the full retail price for your replacement phone until your original purchase has been returned to us. Upon receipt and processing of your original device we will refund the full price of your replacement phone.

Mobile Phones with Free Shipping and Activation - Mobile Phone Plans from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless

knorm18

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Costco.com's exchange policy for cellular phones is 90 days from date of purchase. During the exchange process you will be charged the full retail price for your replacement phone until your original purchase has been returned to us. Upon receipt and processing of your original device we will refund the full price of your replacement phone.

Mobile Phones with Free Shipping and Activation - Mobile Phone Plans from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
Interesting, then it would seem you can exchange for a different phone. Reps probably don't want to go thru that hassle, and therefore, won't tell you the truth.

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
The problem is Costco.com and Costco stores may differ on their policies. At home I have the receipt from my Charge and I can make sure if it has any fine prints about getting the same phone (which I don't think so from skimming over it last time). Will post back with results tonight.

rumors

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I am confused about "full retail price"

Do you know if, in the end, you will pay the subsidized (new contract) price for the second phone?

I am concerned that I would pay ~$200 now for a phone with a new contract but for the replacement they would charge a non-contract price of ~$600 while only refunding the ~$200 paid for the first phone.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Well... being a RS employee, we're supposed to be getting VZW back again as a carrier come this Aug.... which will hopefully give me a semi-decent discount on the Bionic, as well as a discount on my unlimited plan (hopefully).

ShiZero

May 28, 2011
alliszero.deviantart.com
Upon receipt and processing of your original device we will refund the full price of your replacement phone.

Basically tells me that you'll still only pay $200 assuming the phone you're exchanging with also costs $200 on the two-year-plan. I'm sure they would charge you for any extras or deduct them from the $600 that you paid.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the policy is written for returning it online/through the mail.

I agree. I think it's written to cover themselves. In the store, the return is obviously at the same time as the exchange, so there would be no need to charge full retail while they wait for the returned item (as indicated by "until your original purchase has been returned to us").

That said, though, there's no specific identification on whether it's limited to the same phone or not. I wonder if somes stores are interpreting it as such though.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That said, though, there's no specific identification on whether it's limited to the same phone or not. I wonder if some stores are interpreting it as such though.

Exactly. I think people buying through Costco need to be careful with the policy. It sounds like there have been differences in what people have been told about exchanging during the first 90 days. I have a feeling that those being told they can only exchange for the same phone are being told what Costco actually does. Everyone else is likely being misinformed by employees who misunderstood the policy or if they are getting commission then they were just trying to get the sale. The 90 day thing really does sound too good to be true as some have interpreted it.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I think people buying through Costco need to be careful with the policy. It sounds like there have been differences in what people have been told about exchanging during the first 90 days. I have a feeling that those being told they can only exchange for the same phone are being told what Costco actually does. Everyone else is likely being misinformed by employees who misunderstood the policy or if they are getting commission then they were just trying to get the sale. The 90 day thing really does sound too good to be true as some have interpreted it.
Do you need a Costco memebrship to shop at Costco Mobile?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty