Need help from the experts! Theme issue

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
We have a ton of smart guys on here that know the INS and OUTS of these phones, so I'm hoping I can help some of their advice! Forgive me I hope its ok that I use links in this from the other "guys" but I see them lots on here so I'm think it should be ok.

So, awhile back I decided to try the stock deodexed rom from here:
[EP3HA][Stock][ODIN] EP3HA Full & Debloated Deodexed (10/9/11) - xda-developers

Well Ioved the basic work of it, but had issues with basic things like backup assistant, sync, etc. So I fully returned to stock EE4. Once that was done, I went back and redid another room, the Humble 4.22 ROM located here:
[ROM][ODIN][CWR][EP3H] Humble 4.22 Gingerbread 2.3.5 10-9-2011 - xda-developers

ROM seems nice and comes with a butt-load of extra's that I will never need, but its awesome nonetheless. Everything is working perfectly...but one minor thing! I want a certain theme that I fell in love with!!!
[Added statusbar background!][EP3HA][CoreDroid Theme Port with CRT.] - xda-developers

I absolutely love this theme! And according to the site, it "should" work since I'm using a humble based rom. I've had two issues thus far....

4.22 update via CWR refuses to take. It says install complete and I reboot into CWR and do /mount system as the instructions state, however when I boot up its still 4.2 not 4.22. I've noticed 4.2 is blocking everything, even the theme. So I can't get 4.22 to actually "take" even though it says install complete. Same goes for the theme, it says it installed in CWR but when I boot up its still original rom. Anyone have any advice on how to get 4.22 to properly TAKE then get my favorite theme to TAKE??

PLEASE!!

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried to CWR 4.22 and it failed also with no warning. Just use ODIN.

Odin does not recognize the files in 4.22 because its not a md5 or tar or w/e. I can send the zip file to the SD card and install it, but it never truly takes. If I try Odin, zip or unzipped, their is no "one" file to choose. So, now what to do I do?

EDIT! So someone posted in XDA a fix...boot into CWR, /mount system FIRST, then install Humble422.zip file and reboot. Works perfectly! Now to try my theme install

Last edited: