Samsung Galaxy A31 - locked out, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniacno1

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, My wife died on December 22 and I accidently in my grief locked myself out if her phone when I tried to change her ultra long password to something simple for our son, and need help getting past Password "4 charaters, at 1 letter" lock screen after restart.

My face and fingerprint is recorded in the phone, but is not offered on the lock screen after restart. I have tried all the combinations I can think of and are now locked out for 69 minutes.

I live in the Philippines and very far from any Samsung service center.

Neither Smart things find or google find device offer Unlock, so I think Remote Unlock is not enabled.

I do have wifi and mobile data on, but mobile account is disabled for the moment. Bluetooth can't be enabled without password.

I have access to her Samsung account and Google account.

Emergency call is available.

And I can restart phone by key combination Power + Volume down, but can't seem to get to Safe mode or Recovery.

I don't want to loose the data on the phone, so need a solution that will preserve the data, not factory reset.

I have a Laptop with Linux Mint 20.2 64 bit and another SSD with Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

I also have an USB C to USB A adapter, so I can connect USB stick directly to the phone.

I also have her chromebook which have Smartlock enabled, but it doesn't Unlock the phone, though I believe Smart lock is enabled in the phone.

I fibernet 100Mbps and internal wifi in our house 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

I have original box and purchase receipt( but its very faded). I also have her phone bill from Globe Telecom were the phone were purchased through her plan. I have her birth and death certificate.

Could some kind person help me get passed the lock screen or help me back up all data: call log(some numbers she didn't save in contacts), Contacts(not all were backed up), photos(not all were backed up because Google drive is full, and some is of her kids), documents, What's App content, Kakao Talk content. Or help me force Fingerprint / face Unlock to be active, through emergency call, so I can Unlock the phone and backup everything to my MEGA account before phone lock again.

Every other data that is online, I already have access to.

I have an SPA from her before she died, to take care of her business here. I am in legal rights to handle her affairs including her phone.

I tried asking fir help on XDA but nobody answer me, I am desperat not to get permanently locked out and loose everything.

I watched an ultra amount of videos on youtube and tried many things.

Please help me.

Jan

insomniacno1

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
We had an article on this very thing to read over

Thank you mustang7757, But there is nothing in that article that help my situation right now.

I appreciate the thought though.

I need someone to guide me through activating Biometric Unlock through emergency call or engineer mode, or some other way to bypass the lock screen.

With kind regards
Jan

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry for your situation and there is no clear answer to give you , we cannot discuss bypassing security on any device no matter the situation.

[Thread closed]

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Our condolences for your loss. Your best bet would be to contact Samsung support directly and ask them if there are any compassionate policies for accessing a deceased relative's phone. If this requires a visit to a Samsung service center, then that may be your only option, regardless of how far away it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos