Kenals..Roms..and Rooting

crunch_time21

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Whats up everybody!!! just joined the forum and was hoping some of you pros out there could help a newb out. I just got into the world of rooting. I had a samsung facinate and just recently got the droid charge. I Practiced rooting on my facinate and now im hooked. Im trying to figure out which root method works best as well as which ROM and KERNAL works best. Thanks for all the help!!!

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Whats up everybody!!! just joined the forum and was hoping some of you pros out there could help a newb out. I just got into the world of rooting. I had a samsung facinate and just recently got the droid charge. I Practiced rooting on my facinate and now im hooked. Im trying to figure out which root method works best as well as which ROM and KERNAL works best. Thanks for all the help!!!

2 posts below yours is a thread outlining HOW TO ROOT DROID CHARGE. You should look there.

Best Kernel- imnuts PBJ

Best Roms- only 2 really worth choosing from - TWEAKSTOCK or ECLIPSE

There are a few others, Infinity & Gummycharged, but they haven't been supported or updated in quite a long time. Pretty much dead. not really worth trying at all.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
New Charge Owner here, I'm used to doing things with my Fascinate. Please be gentle...

I flashed Eclipse ROM, about to flash PBJ Kernal...trying to figure out if I need to do anything else, like with voodoo lagfix, etc.? Or can I just flash PBJ and be done? Been reading as much as possible, thanks for any help you can offer!