cwalter9

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by girlymissjulie

Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button. This, I have confirmed, does work on the Charge.

There is also the option to disable the full battery pop up, but I'm not sure if it actually works or not (I'll be able to find out later tonight). *#3844228#. It allows you to disable it, but the option never actually worked on my Fascinate, so I don't know if it will work on the Charge.

bmann

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
more hacks for unrooted phones please!!

Great hack! Where can i find more simple hacks like this that dont require rooting?

navvydigital

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Works as promised! :]

Is there any way to disable the menu/home/back/search buttons from waking the phone though? I love not having to slide, but those keys are so easily pressed in my pocket...

Jacknut16

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone,,,

What is the shutdown key in the final step of disabling of the lock screen??

Thanks in advance

Nevermind, found it, thanks...

Last edited:

av8wkr

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I must be the one num nuts that can't find this shutdown key. Could someone tell a really slow android guy. I really don't like the lock screen.

Dacrath

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
When you enter the number *#7594# into your dialer it should bring up a menu where that is the only item with a checkbox next to it. That being said, the first two times I entered the number nothing happened, so I would try clearing it or rebooting the phone and entering the number again.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Works as promised! :]

Is there any way to disable the menu/home/back/search buttons from waking the phone though? I love not having to slide, but those keys are so easily pressed in my pocket...

Those buttons don't wake my phone when pressed with the lock screen disabled, only the power button wakes my phone.

SoonerLater

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If you remove the lock screen (so that you no longer have to "swipe" or move a puzzle piece, etc.), does the screen still go to black after a set period of time in order to save battery?

Assuming that the screen still goes to black, what button(s) will wake it? And will a screen press wake it too?

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you remove the lock screen (so that you no longer have to "swipe" or move a puzzle piece, etc.), does the screen still go to black after a set period of time in order to save battery?

Assuming that the screen still goes to black, what button(s) will wake it? And will a screen press wake it too?

Yes, the screen still times out just as it did before and the only button that will wake the phone is the power button.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
For those who use a pin or pattern to unlock their DC but just want to get rid of the swipe-to-unlock screen:

-remove your pin/pattern
-follow the steps to remove the lock screen
-go back and re-enable your pin/pattern lock, you'll see that it doesn't work
-bring up the dialer and enter the *#7594#, then uncheck the shutdown option, hit the home button

You'll now see that you've removed the swipe screen but still have your pin or password input.

Reactions: meyer

BeefJerky

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed something else that this changes. Rather than a menu popping up with options upon a long-press of the power button, the phone just shuts down. I liked that menu, and I sometimes hold down the power key long enough to accidentally activate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa