Root for Charge Using Mac OSX

monkeyfusion?

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I am curious about this as well, same situation. Have a stock ee4 droid and I'd like to root it with Mac. I've only previously rooted my droid incredible, which was ridiculously easy. The guide above in this forum is for mac but only if you have ed1. I've found other guides which work on ee4 but needs Windows. If anyone has a link to a guide or can point me and the OP in the right direction, it'd be MUCH appreciated.

skylinevspec

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
ya know instead of driving yourself crazy looking for mac instructions...why don't you just load windows onto your mac using bootcamp...provided you have an intel based mac....I have both windows and OSX running on my Macbook Pro...while I do use Snow Leopard most of the time...there are sometimes that require the use of windows 7, so when that happens I just boot into w7

Farabomb

May 23, 2011
www.azpinstalls.com
My Intel Mac Pro hates my droid. Half the time it won't mount it and when it does it never unmounts. I think bootcamp and Windows might be a much safer bet.

monkeyfusion?

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
ya know instead of driving yourself crazy looking for mac instructions...why don't you just load windows onto your mac using bootcamp...provided you have an intel based mac....I have both windows and OSX running on my Macbook Pro...while I do use Snow Leopard most of the time...there are sometimes that require the use of windows 7, so when that happens I just boot into w7

I had thought of that, but when I tried to set up boot camp, my computer's giving me an error about the drive being too fragmented. I've tried to fix but it seems I'll need to backup and reformat. Even that is fine, except my external hard drive is busted right now.

The long and short of it is, it looks like I'm waiting a while longer

taxieram

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, running bootcamp right now is out of the question because I do not want to do that. I have a home PC but after january when I leave for basic I will not in the future. So from now till January I will have access to a home PC running windows 7. If i were to root it from windows 7 would I still be able to connect it to my mac afterwards? Forgive my lack of knowledge I'm coming from iOS for about 4 years and this will be my first Android phone. I've read numerous threads from numerous forums and have decided I want to go with GummyCharged ROM. My phone comes in on tuesday and would like to start immediately with rooting.