Bluetooth knocks out WIFI -- Kitkat issue

donnieco

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Alright... did some searches and apparently it's a known issue.

Verizon Razr HD; After KITKAT update, when I have any Bluetooth device connected to my phone, my WIFI loses data connectivity.... turn off the device, and BINGO.. WIFI data is back.

I've seen some suggestions to limit WIFI to 5 GHz only... I don't have a 5 GHz router at home or work, so that isn't an option. Also I do not have cell service @ home (Rocky mountains) so WIFI is the only option for data.

Any fixes/work arounds in the pipeline? Really sucks not being able to stream Pandora or my google music to my Boom swimmer speaker.

It's been suggested I root the phone but I'm not really comfortable doing that as I don't know what I'm doing .

Help?

notbitter2

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue. It turned out, for me, that it wasn't ANY Bluetooth device that caused the issue, it was that ONE of the devices was a "Bluetooth Low Emmission" device. For me, I had a fitbit fitness monitor that used BLE. It is a known issue that BLE devices cause the wifi issue. If your WiFi devices are not BLE, and so long as you don't have a BLE device that you paired, it should work.

One thing though, I didn't think that my fitbit was connected because it didn't show under the paired devices but, apparently, BLE devices don't show up in that list.

I encourage you to find the thread about this on the Motorola website user forum. It explains it better than I can.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress