My power button just broke -- really?

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I was so happy with this phone and was going to put my Razr MAXX on eBay tonight until...:

Just picked up the phone, pressed the power button to unlock the screen and it never popped back out lol... It's stuck recessed inside, like the spring broke or something.

Wow.

That now makes this the flimsiest phone of worst basic build quality I've ever had or just one fluke handset with a defective power button.

Really hope it's the latter.

I didn't get insurance but I'm still within my 14-day return window and 1-year manufacturer's waranty so I shouldn't have trouble exchanging it, right?

So disappointed in this phone right now. How quickly things can change haha...

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was so happy with this phone and was going to put my Razr MAXX on eBay tonight until...:

Just picked up the phone, pressed the power button to unlock the screen and it never popped back out lol... It's stuck recessed inside, like the spring broke or something.

Wow.

That now makes this the flimsiest phone of worst basic build quality I've ever had or just one fluke handset with a defective power button.

Really hope it's the latter.

I didn't get insurance but I'm still within my 14-day return window and 1-year manufacturer's waranty so I shouldn't have trouble exchanging it, right?

So disappointed in this phone right now. How quickly things can change haha...

Should be no problem at all to exchange even without insurance and even outside of your 14 day Window, so you are fine. But this does raise broader questions about build quality.... Because if this were to happen after 1 year, then warranty is gone and you'd be in bad shape. Seems like power buttons are issues on a lot of phones. Both the gnex and nexus s had a lot of users reporting broken power buttons within the first year. Disappointing.

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Should be no problem at all to exchange even without insurance and even outside of your 14 day Window, so you are fine. But this does raise broader questions about build quality.... Because if this were to happen after 1 year, then warranty is gone and you'd be in bad shape. Seems like power buttons are issues on a lot of phones. Both the gnex and nexus s had a lot of users reporting broken power buttons within the first year. Disappointing.

Went into the store yesterday and they gave me a new one, no questions asked.

I am, however, probably gonna put some SquareTrade on this puppy now... :)

TheAlmightyBob

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the power button was very loose (although still functional) on a Verizon display unit. That, combined with this thread, is not terribly encouraging for such a new phone...

mcfuch

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Had my Razr M for 2 weeks now. The power button sticks if I don't press the center of the button. I imagine it will completely break soon. Either way, should be covered :S

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch