Razr M USB Problems

Awhile

May 13, 2013
Visit site
After reading through some of your posts, you all seem pretty helpful, so I decided to sign up here.

I got my Razr M near the beginning of the year after upgrading from my Droid X. I have been using it for months and just recently it tells me that there is insufficient storage to perform updates or other certain operations. I have a 32gb microsd, and was a bit confused until I found that by default it was saving all media and photos to the small internal storage.

When I figured that out, I went to plug my Razr M into my PC to move the files over to the card. Nothing.

I installed Motorola's drivers. Nothing.

Made sure I had the right cord...(The Original One) I did...Nothing. It charges from the wall with this cord...

Nobody has been helpful, I've read through several related dead end forum posts with dumbfounded people just giving up.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate, but I have also tried on several other PC's, nothing there either. Nothing from the phone or the PC, like it was never plugged in.

This phone has also never been rooted or modified, USB debugging and mock locations are on.

Any help?

Thanks!

anon(5399614)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Some cables are only usable for charging and NOT data transfer. I suppose the manufacturers save a few pennies this way. I have one of these, and it looks like any other micro usb to usb, but it only works to charge the phone. Be sure you are using a cable that is capable of data transfer.

Regards
Bob

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried moving files with an app like es file explorer?

May be a bad cable. Try opening MyComputer to see if a new drive has been created.

Sent from my phone with the app.

mrip

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue from time to time and what I do is restart my laptop after you sign in plug in your usb and it should recognize a new device. if not I would download verizon backup assistant plus or media manager and follow the steps. If this does not work the I would say its the cable, also check in your settings that its not connected to pc as a camera. Or you could try installing dropbox on your pc and phone and it will wireless transfer your pics.

Last edited: