Best Buy Return Policy vs. Verizon's 14 Day Return Policy

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
How do these two interact? You're upgrading on Verizon. You buy a phone at Best Buy. On day 20 you decide you want to return it. You're locked in to a new contract with Verizon because you're past the 14 day Verizon policy. You can get a refund at Best Buy for the phone. Can you then buy another phone at the upgrade price at Best Buy?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
On a 2 year contract you have 14 days from VZ to "try out" your new device and return it. VZ charges a $35 restocking fee if you simply return it. Best Buy does not! Best Buy has a 30 day return policy, however if you return the phone after 14 days you are subject to an ETF unless you exchange the phone for another device. Last year I exchanged my phone 4 times with no hassles, penalties or fees at BB. If you are committed to a new device, but can't decide on which one to go with Best Buy is the clear choice. They will also price match if you are paying retail for the phone.

Some other thoughts: If you are a Reward Zone Silver member your return policy is 60 days.

BB Black Tie protection is $10 per month, but it has a $0 deductible and unlimited use over the 2 year period. It does not cover lost or stolen, but it does cover everything else. VZ charges $7 per month with a $100 deductible and you get a refurb.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
On a 2 year contract you have 14 days from VZ to "try out" your new device and return it. VZ charges a $35 restocking fee if you simply return it. Best Buy does not! Best Buy has a 30 day return policy, however if you return the phone after 14 days you are subject to an ETF unless you exchange the phone for another device. Last year I exchanged my phone 4 times with no hassles, penalties or fees at BB. If you are committed to a new device, but can't decide on which one to go with Best Buy is the clear choice. They will also price match if you are paying retail for the phone.

Some other thoughts: If you are a Reward Zone Silver member your return policy is 60 days.

BB Black Tie protection is $10 per month, but it has a $0 deductible and unlimited use over the 2 year period. It does not cover lost or stolen, but it does cover everything else. VZ charges $7 per month with a $100 deductible and you get a refurb.

So then... you are happy with Best Buy and their protection plan? I want the MAXX HD, but the only way I will be able to get it is if I buy from Best Buy so that I can get the 199 price match to Amazon (I stopped in at BB last night and they confirmed they would match it) OR wait until VZW has a special on the MAXX HD (maybe after-thanksgiving day sale??)

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I have purchased several phones from BB and used the protection plan more than once. BB is my first choice when buying a mobile phone. Costco would be my second choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's replies. Got the Maxx at Best Buy last night, where they price matched Amazon. I then went to the Verizon store and bought the shell holster combo (use it for running, don't really feel you need a case with a gorilla glass front and a kevlar back). Was pleasantly surprised with best buy, fast and quick and no issues whatsoever. And now with the 30 day policy I can see what comes out before Black Friday, although I can't see exchanging this for anything. Still need to try the camera though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I just broke the screen on this phone and I have insurance on Verizon. Do you think they'll still give me a refurbished phone even though it still is so close to the release date? Also is there any other work around that saves me money, since I have had the phone for less than 14 days? A double exchange? haha

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Zach they'll probably insurance job it and give you a refurb although at this time of the release so close....you may luck out! I doubt they have many refurbed!

For people still looking, check out Costco! Their price beat amazon and their insurance is a killer deal well worth using them in my opinion. Much cheaper and better insurance from what I understand than assurion which verizon uses.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
For people still looking, check out Costco! Their price beat amazon and their insurance is a killer deal well worth using them in my opinion. Much cheaper and better insurance from what I understand than assurion which verizon uses.

The insurance through Costco is from Square Trade. It is a good deal at $99, I believe. It still has a deductible, but I think it is $50 versus $100. Someone please chime in if I'm wrong on this. Limit is 4 replacements in 2 years.

Best Buy is $10 per month ($240) with $0 deductible and unlimited replacements, plus 1 battery replacement. I would think on our device that would equate to a new device. If you are accident prone, buy from BB and get their plan, otherwise Costco is a good deal. You also get a free accessory kit at Costco. The downside to Costco is they only do new lines and upgrades. You cannot pay retail.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The insurance through Costco is from Square Trade. It is a good deal at $99, I believe. It still has a deductible, but I think it is $50 versus $100. Someone please chime in if I'm wrong on this. Limit is 4 replacements in 2 years.

Best Buy is $10 per month ($240) with $0 deductible and unlimited replacements, plus 1 battery replacement. I would think on our device that would equate to a new device. If you are accident prone, buy from BB and get their plan, otherwise Costco is a good deal. You also get a free accessory kit at Costco. The downside to Costco is they only do new lines and upgrades. You cannot pay retail.

Awesome breakdown jneusch!
Either one of those sounds better than the plan I use with verizon. BB is closer to Verizon's deal.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I have purchased several phones from BB and used the protection plan more than once. BB is my first choice when buying a mobile phone. Costco would be my second choice.

did you get a new phone whenever you made a claim with best buy ?? i have a s3 i bought from BB with the protection plan and was wondering ? please elaborate

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Zach they'll probably insurance job it and give you a refurb although at this time of the release so close....you may luck out! I doubt they have many refurbed!

Wondering where you see this? Amazon shows 199 and costco shows 289 . . So apparently I'm not looking in the right place

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
did you get a new phone whenever you made a claim with best buy ?? i have a s3 i bought from BB with the protection plan and was wondering ? please elaborate

I made several claims over the last couple years. The replacement does not come in a new box with the charger, etc. I can't be sure, but I thought they were new. If they weren't then they could have been factory refurbished, not Verizon refurbished. I never had issues with any of the replacements. My claims were self inflicted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty