Android File Transfer doesn't work on Mac Mavericks

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my MacBookPro late 2011 to Mavericks and now the Android File Transfer program doesn't "see" my Razr. I've tried different USB cords. uninstalled and re-installed the AFT app, and still the MBP doesn't recognize the Razr. It worked fine until I updated. Any help anywhere on this?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Here's hoping this is a rapid fix ... I use my Razr's camera for some work-related photography and having it "un-accessible" will cause major issues for me. At least I took the last batch of photos off the Razr the day before I updated to Mavericks.

Anyone have any idea how we would actually KNOW if Android File Transfer is updated?

Anne_Ominous

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been having exactly the same problem. In Network Preferences, it is easy to see that the computer does recognize my phone when I plug it in. And Motorola Device Manager shows in the menu bar. But Android File Transfer doesn't see the phone.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have the same problem. I updated my Mac yesterday to mavericks. My iSncr app works just fine, although there was an update for both the computer and phone. But it would be nice to have Android File Transfer back.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I sent an email to Moto support a few days ago asking if they would update the AFT and had several back-and-forths with them. Bottom line, according to Moto, is THEY don't have any way to update the AFT - it's done by Google. I tried to email Google, but got the message that only PAID Google members could contact them. Can you believe that!?!?!?! I wrote back to Moto with this information and asked if THEY could contact Google. Their very polite response was they couldn't email Google either. Say WHAT??? Last I heard, Google owns Moto. What gives here. :-\

Skyler Arrow-Shot

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
There is an app for google play users called Airdroid. It's a wireless network and all you do is create a free account. Once the app is downloaded and the website airdrop.com is running on your computer your set. Also for Samsung users there is a network called Kies.
:p

Anne_Ominous

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
That's a workaround, not a solution.

Seriously... expensive and relatively new Android phones can't connect via USB? What the hell is wrong with Google?

Maybe they were too busy screwing up YouTube.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If anyone learns of an AFT update, please post that information. Meanwhile, here we are with (as mentioned above) very expensive devices that cannot transfer any files to a Mac. Insane.

Michael Bayne

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Same issue, my Sync Mate software says the Maverick Apple release does not include Apple Sync Service. The is says "Sorry"... If Apple is programing 3rd party blocks then they have taken a page from Microsoft. Too bad. No solutions yet other than go back to Mountain Lion.

Nabro98

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
In Mavericks you have to do a lot of things that they hide settings and programs. Your phone is ok, just go to Sys Pref in Mac then Sharing and put a check mark on the left hand side for Bluetooth sharing. Connect Bluetooth , select file and send.

ecols33

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
if you have photos you want on you computer I would just upload them to google+ photos or drive or picasa or anything like that and then download them on the device you need them on :) (or just use bluetooth like Nabro98 said)

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
If anyone learns of an AFT update, please post that information. Meanwhile, here we are with (as mentioned above) very expensive devices that cannot transfer any files to a Mac. Insane.

it's Mac... closed wall.. we all know that. mountain lion was slow as $%^&... i still held out on maverick.. until there is a proper work around m.lion it is..

Miha9

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The reason that AFT does not work on a Mac is a discrepancy (incompatibility) between Kies and AFT. Uninstall Kies for Mac with KiesMac_3.0_Setup.dmg ( SAMSUNG KIES ) restart Mac and AFT will operate normally. Tested on Note 3, SM-N9005, Android 4.3 and iMac 27-inch, Late 2012, OS X 10.9.1.

Last edited:

Maj-Lis

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have Mavericks on my Mac Book Pro, and OS 10.6.8 on my Imac, none of them can receive files from my Samsung Galaxy S4. And I don't use Kies - as far as I know. So obviously it has nothing to do with Mavericks - my ATP suddenly just stopped working.

Is there any solution anywhere?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
There's a workaround that works for me with my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD Verizon. I also have a MacBook Pro running Mavericks. (I read about this in another forum.) I went to the Motorola website and downloaded the Mac Driver that you find by going to the enclosed link. Then I connect my DRMHD into my Mac via USB. While my phone is connected, I restart my Mac. Then, after my Mac has restarted and I see my Desktop, I click on the AFT shortcut and it opens up on my Mac screen. Then I can transfer music, etc. It's not perfect, but it works. Connecting my phone to my Mac always activates Motorola Backup Assistant, but I don't use that, so I close that before using AFT. Hope this helps.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481/action/auth

magnan daniel

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
compatibilit? pour un samsung et un Mac , si on veut rajouter quelque chose ..... comme photos , musique etc , il suffi de mettre son samsung en bluetooth et le faire reconnaitre par son mac . une fois connect? une icone se met dans le finder et apr?s avec la petite icone bluetooth en haut de votre ?cran sur android BT choisir envoyer fichier ( ?videmment choisir son fichier que vous voulez envoyer ) . aucun autre logiciel est n?c?ssaire . fini la gal?re

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty