Question Android 7 Huawei 10 P10 Lite can't working on 2 connections.

useroid

Dec 18, 2023
Visit site
In settings I set Viofo app (dashcam) to use WiFi and TeamViewer to use cellular data transfer. TeamViewer works until I switch on Wifi then it immediately loses connection.
TeamViewer is probably not to blame because it's the same with AnyDesk. On Nokia 6 (Android 9, 10) it worked fine.

Why I need such a connections? Wouldn't it be better to connect only via WiFi or only via cellular?
Well, the WiFi channel is used to connect a smartphone under the seat of a parked car with the Viofo 3-channel dashcam. Cellular channel is used to connect to a smartphone from anywhere in the world. This way I can see what's going on inside and around the car wherever I am.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, even if it also happens on AnyDesk, it might be a shared issue that both companies can address. It could be an issue with how outdated your phone is -- Android 7 is 7 full versions behind what's current, and the fact that it works correctly on your other phone with Android 9 might also be a clue that something changed with how those apps handle connections ever since Android 7. It's still worth reaching out to the support team for TeamViewer (AND AnyDesk) to see if they're aware of issues on outdated Android versions.

useroid

Dec 18, 2023
Visit site
I doubt they would want to bother with such a rare case as harnessing their applications in such a tandem. I'm counting on someone who has experimented with such junctions. Maybe there are even such descriptions on the Internet because I don't think I'm the only one on this planet who do it, but they get lost in the thicket of threads about ordinary Wifi and cellular data's issues.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does this sash cam have a SD card and parking mode ?

I know you like to remotely watch your car but with just a dash cam it's limited.

This link I'm going show you has parking mode/bump into mode and front/,rear camera so u don't need to constantly watch it when an event happens it records it and when you start the mirror up it alerts and events that happens that way don't have to view whole days worth or SD worth of information and live view you won't be able to record right away when something happens.

Check it out here

WOLFBOX 12" 4K Rear View Mirror Camera, Smart Full Touch Screen Mirror Dash Cam Front and Rear, Backup Camera with 1080P Rear Camera, Dash Cam with WDR Camera,Night Vision,Free 64GB Card & GPS https://a.co/d/7Y8LZBw

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Missed cause not readed! Like I said this is not TV reason.
You're more than welcome here at AC!
But please don't be rude if someone doesn't understand clearly just let them know with a better attitude , B. Diddy is very helpful member here for many years and we don't tolerate being rude here in the forums, thank you.

useroid

Dec 18, 2023
Visit site
You're more than welcome here at AC!
But please don't be rude if someone doesn't understand clearly just let them know with a better attitude , B. Diddy is very helpful member here for many years and we don't tolerate being rude here in the forums, thank you.
Right! I didn't mean to offend anyone. Anyway, I see that B. Diddy didn't he did not become sad :) I just don't see the point in cluttering up the thread with repeating. Greetings to B. Diddy and everyone writing and reading here.

useroid

Dec 18, 2023
Visit site
Does this sash cam have a SD card and parking mode ?
Yes. This is Viofo A139 3ch - front, rear and inside one with parking mode. It hasn't a display itself - requires smartphone or iPad with Viofo app to watch realtime video (or play recorded if don't want to remove SD card).
I know you like to remotely watch your car but with just a dash cam it's limited.
It's limited to car battery capacity. I like to look to see if anyone is hanging around the car. There are people who like to put other people's cars on bricks :) I have backup wheel set but I'm obsessed against my car being taken away on a tow truck :)
This link I'm going show you has parking mode/bump into mode and front/,rear camera so u don't need to constantly watch it when an event happens it records it and when you start the mirror up it alerts and events that happens that way don't have to view whole days worth or SD worth of information and live view you won't be able to record right away when something happens.
The A139 has this functionality. I can limit the recording to just motion (plus a few seconds before and after from the buffer). However, I need real-time viewing (as I wrote above). Then I am ready to intervene. I feel better even though my car is insured.
The car is not parked on the street at night. I have it in my home garage. I mean situations when I put it somewhere on the street and go, for example, to the supermarket. I usually go there for 2 hours with my smartphone in my hand (shopping list, price scanner, etc.), so it doesn't hurt to take a look at the car from time to time.

A parking collision is a different story - I have a recordings on the SD card and I can identify the perpetrator. What I care about here is realtime vision.
Check it out here

WOLFBOX 12" 4K Rear View Mirror Camera
Nice thing but everything what is has my Viofo has too. Rear camera is manufactured in my car. 2 years ago I considered to buy BlackVue camera with realtime view (has builtin GSM) but not only is it expensive by itself, but they also make you pay a subscription, and it's limited to 30 minutes a day. It's not for me - a person who likes freedom. I prefer to make my own device from easily available components (by myself or with your help). In the same way as the fact that I have always used prepaid phones and do not sign a contract. One likes a contract, the other prefers prepaid.
:)

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
So much unnecessary melodrama. Android by default will use either WiFi or mobile data connectivity. Not both consecutively. Also by default, it will prioritize WiFi over mobile data when connected to a WiFi network. It's not a bug, it's not a fault, it's a long-standing aspect. It's tied to what was for quite a while a big problem, consistent and reliable cellular service. That's not as big a problem now but there was time when we all needed to do things like stand on chairs next to outwardly facing window to use a phone. Also, note you need to distinguish between your phone's base cellular connectivity (phone calls and SMS) and mobile data (cellular service that involves much more bandwidth like MMS, RCS, iMessage, email, data transfers, etc.).
So there's a complicated mix of connectivity issues to take into account with your Viofo app usage. You need to be more selective based on how your phone actually functions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter