Lens Blur not working with Google Camera on Razr Maxx HD

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where does it stop? During the image processing, or the actual shot-taking, where you have to move the camera upwards?

Hunter Wilson

May 15, 2014
Visit site
During the image processing. I am able to take the picture then move the camera up for the second picture (and the check mark). Processing gets about 25% done then just stops. No blur effect or option to change the blur effect.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you given feedback to Google from the Camera menu? I wonder if it's device specific.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Hunter Wilson

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I left a review and emailed them feedback. I am curious if this is device specific but I can't seem to find any other Razr Maxx HD users who will respond.

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried it on mine seemed to work just fine. Will try to remember to test it a couple of times today.

Posted from behind a slab of bacon.

Hunter Wilson

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Envious of you heavyvino, it was a feature I was looking forward to having with 4.4.2. I managed to find another Maxx HD user on G+ who was experiencing the same issues. Not sure what the problem is.

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Wish I had an answer, but I have been fortunate and have had no problems that couldn't be fixed with a partition wipe.

Posted from behind a slab of bacon.

donnmcg

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi I can't help, but I'm am experiencing the exact same thing. processing stops at about 25%
I have at moto g stock 4.4 rom and it works fine there, but on my LG with Mokee rom 4.4 it fails the same. don't know why.

guitarhead2000

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It's not working on my Sprint Galaxy S3 either... sent feedback to Google and have been scouring forums for a fix... hope an update will fix. I really want to try it out.

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Razr M which has the same internals as the HD. Looking at the Play Store description for the camera though, it says that lens blur needs 1 gig of ram in order to work. I'm pretty sure our devices only have 768mb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non