Bluetooth camera shutter suddenly not working

Iniquisitech

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
After several years of me having my cameras dialed in where I could just click the shutter, not only would a cheap Bluetooth shutter open my camera app if I put it in the right place on my desktop, but then what also snap a picture.
This enabled completely hands-free operation while my camera was mounted in my car.
Recently I tried it, and last week I discovered that Android no longer responded to the Bluetooth shutters the same way, and now it only opens up the volume slider on the right hand side of my Android desktop.
I looked at some other forms and they said that I set the volume key action to ,"shutter", which I did, but to no avail.
If I open the camera manually, and then click the Bluetooth shutter it will still bring up the volume slider on the right hand side, but if I wait a couple of seconds I can then snap a picture using it.

Any ideas on how to return my hands-free operation between my Bluetooth shutter and my Android pixel 8 pro, greatly appreciated. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried forgetting the Bluetooth device, then going through the pairing process again?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Make sure button shortcuts in the camera app didn't somehow get changed. Should be set to volume buttons, these shutter buttons only work by controlling the volume buttons.

Iniquisitech

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
I have the volume key action set to "shutter', still no dice.
Also, earlier versions of android, when I use the Bluetooth shutter it would point to a spot at the very top of my phone's desktop, so I put the camera app shortcut there making it open the camera using the shutter, and then another press of the shutter would take a shot.
Now, the Bluetooth device doesn't point towards anywhere on the desktop like it did before, and the shutter only works if I manually open the camera, click the shutter, wait for the volume slider to disappear, and then use the shutter and snap a shot.
Something has changed in the way that Android receives Bluetooth commands. I wish I knew more about Bluetooth commands and how to make it point at the right place. Are there any forums about Bluetooth programming in relation to androids? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d