Email Data Push

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
On the Razr Maxx when I set up my AOL account, it sets it to push the email. It states it's the only option. However, when I had my TB, I had the option to do it every so many hours or manually push it to conserve battery. Is this something I am doing wrong on the Razr Maxx?

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
On the Razr Maxx when I set up my AOL account, it sets it to push the email. It states it's the only option. However, when I had my TB, I had the option to do it every so many hours or manually push it to conserve battery. Is this something I am doing wrong on the Razr Maxx?

With data push, emails come in when they are received by the server where the fetch schedule checks for new emails based on the time you select.

I ran into the same problem as I prefer the using stock email app for gmail. If I turn data push on, a fetch schedule time will not stick. I have disabled data push and set to fetch ever hour. So far I have not had any issues since making the switch.

Susie2057

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My issue is if I use the standard set up for the aol acct my emails are never sent. I send and it says they are sent but they aren't be received. I have had to set up my aol acct as other and use the imap settings. I can't figure out why I would need to do this and I had issues getting emails as well where I didn't get any new emails for a week on my phone. Syncing didn't help. Finally deleted account and added it back in order to get it to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeneralCaveman216