Question nine app email no connection retry

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
anybody still using this on their android phone i'm having such a hard time figuring out what to do was working fine yesterday morning last thing i did was order ticket amc a list had phone on charger should had took it off or after got notify click on it when i took it off charger email notification gone i went to email app i refresh inbox no new incoming mail

so while i was at theater i was looking at inbox seeing down at the bottom no connection retry<-never seen this before of course i try to see doing it on old s7 phone same thing

i made a dumb mistake removing it on my 20 phone and it took awhile to get it back but now instead seeing mail up to yesterday morning its now saying no mail due to what i did

i have tried email developer a few times they have yet to respond i have purchase license s7 move s20 phone i don't know why it suddenly stop working yesterday and why doing this

i thought this might been due to that microsoft 365 outrage thing seems not the case can anybody help me on this situation i never seen this before not sure why doing this

currently i got that 1 email k9 download am not a fan i have try some others not a fan i hate to start using k9 mail app or have to do outlook app on phone am not sure something wrong android side and outlook/hotmail or what

somebody please please help me get this fixed i'm desperate

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
if im asking for advice about an issue to make my problem and what led to it I would try to make it easy for someone to help maybe by writing things out coherently with punctuation capital letters trying to put it in a way that reads easily instead of being passive aggressive keyboard warrior or whatnot oh well time for coffee maybe time for also another pic of joule good morning

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
anybody still using this on their android phone i'm having such a hard time figuring out what to do was working fine yesterday morning last thing i did was order ticket amc a list had phone on charger should had took it off or after got notify click on it when i took it off charger email notification gone i went to email app i refresh inbox no new incoming mail

so while i was at theater i was looking at inbox seeing down at the bottom no connection retry
i made a dumb mistake removing it on my 20 phone and it took awhile to get it back but now instead seeing mail up to yesterday morning its now saying no mail due to what i did

i have tried email developer a few times they have yet to respond i have purchase license s7 move s20 phone i don't know why it suddenly stop working yesterday and why doing this

i thought this might been due to that microsoft 365 outrage thing seems not the case can anybody help me on this situation i never seen this before not sure why doing this

currently i got that 1 email k9 download am not a fan i have try some others not a fan i hate to start using k9 mail app or have to do outlook app on phone am not sure something wrong android side and outlook/hotmail or what

somebody please please help me get this fixed i'm desperate
I'll fix it

EDIT; Nevermind, apparently there's a size limit on writing assist, and I'm not doing it manually lol.

Reactions: methodman89

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're absolutely sure that you entered your email account and password correctly?

Reviews for the app in the Play Store aren't great. If the developer doesn't respond to questions, then you should really consider a different email app.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yep everything working what are your opinion about k9 good or bad or should i just do sorry outlook email set it up?
i'm still waiting on an email from support again i'm asking anybody still using nine email and is it still working when they sign into their outlook/hotmail account when set up is it doing like what it doing to me since yesterday afternoon

saying no connection retry? battery optimazation is turn off btw they usually email me i don't understand no response back yet

all i see is https://justuseapp.com/en/app/1079689905/nine-mail-email-calendar/problems

the thing is all i do when it was working check mail and that's it then i go to hotmail on computer and delete am not a fan of putting k9 email to 15 mins fletch/synch new email i wished it was push automatically

i'm not sure how outlook/hotmail app is these days i try aquamail its ok didn't know afterwards have to pay for it and wasn't impressed with

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i was talking about the k9 mail app anyways is anybody in here still uses nine email and won't try to see if doing same thing like on my end aka stop working not getting new mail anymore with their outlook/hotmail account and saying no connection retry inside inbox?

i bought license google play at the time 9.99 s7 phone and when got s20 i only had to download again i just don't understand why was it working just fine all week long and yesterday morning and decided to stop working that afternoon not getting no new emails i have no clue

because i remove email and added back last night with this bug now saying no mail inside inbox meh

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well it started to sync inbox getting some of my old mail but not all but i still see no connection retry so am not sure what is going on

i can try to remove it again and add back but be awhile for it to fetch mail to show complete inbox but then again will prob give me that same error message

as far as getting new mail that's a question if i don't get a response by 9folder by at least tomorrow i may have to not used it anymore i still got k9 mail install

there's not alot of free emails to used without getting a trial version and then paying for it afterwards

somebody did mention
however mine started yesterday afternoon no longer wanted to get new emails despite i have sync all automatically push and was working great yesterday morning no issues

my gmail is only just social media stuff my hotmail had for years that's my main account i did 1 time decided to sync hotmail to gmail but didn't do so good got errors

i love nine email i just don't know why doing what it doing since yesterday afternoon and deaf ears on still not heard for developer despite i email them 3 times about issues yesterday so odd

like i said i just want an email app to just read hotmail which is simple and can get new emails that's it since when had nine app i had never email anybody on that always read and then go on computer delete after log in meh

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well an hour ago i refresh my inbox nine 1 new email however my hotmail got new email i got notify k9 mail just few mins ago still seeing if it will come up nine email i don't think it will i do believe push notifications no longer working and stop since yesterday afternoon

i'm afraid prob have to uninstall that nine app crap<-did i even get email from sorry developer yet nope

i kindof wonder if when i did get that email notify about amc a list<-that somehow disappear if i would had click on it while my phone was charging maybe app will still be working i don't know

i'm very sorry posting this but man this is driving me insane and still am not sure why it was working yesterday morning did get notify amc a list having on charger notification disappear

i try to go inside app refresh and nothing came up again i even try to do this on s7 phone before i uninstall it s20 i wonder is this an android hotmail issue or what

i don't know if ever going to be fixed i asked mustang7757 who i assumed has it on his phone and tell me if he still getting notify new email or not

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok i'm not paranoid just saw 3 different reviews on nine app in google play

January 26, 2024
Since yesterday nothing is syncing and cant readd my accounts. There goes my money. from into retro

2 more complaints from today

Why is it not syncing? I've used this app for years with no problems. Deleting, not worth it anymore. from ms free

the 3rd Love the email app before it stopped working. I love the many options and settings to Tailor the phone app to work the way I want from ken synder

so there you go there are issues with app why the developer not even mention it is beyond me

so what have i done uninstall as of now i will still check email for a response and go look at review and see if any comments from developer

only thing i dislike about k9 mail its syncing everything in background like sent trash junk etc etc etc
i wished just only inbox i guess i'll shut up nothing to do app problem seems like it maybe it will work again before next month who knows

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I had previously mentioned some poor reviews in the Play Store.

You already tried using an app password instead of the password you created, as I previously suggested?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
well an hour ago i refresh my inbox nine 1 new email however my hotmail got new email i got notify k9 mail just few mins ago still seeing if it will come up nine email i don't think it will i do believe push notifications no longer working and stop since yesterday afternoon

i'm afraid prob have to uninstall that nine app crap
i kindof wonder if when i did get that email notify about amc a list
i'm very sorry posting this but man this is driving me insane and still am not sure why it was working yesterday morning did get notify amc a list having on charger notification disappear

i try to go inside app refresh and nothing came up again i even try to do this on s7 phone before i uninstall it s20 i wonder is this an android hotmail issue or what

i don't know if ever going to be fixed i asked mustang7757 who i assumed has it on his phone and tell me if he still getting notify new email or not
I'm getting notifications with hot look and Gmail standalone apps

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Dear Customer,

Sorry for the delay in the reply due to the weekend.
There appears to be a problem with Microsoft's Outlook authentication service. We found the following link on the Microsoft site. Microsoft is reviewing this issue. Although we do not know the internal circumstances of Microsoft, we are investigating the cause of the problem through various routes, so please be patient.

Please read the link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...look-com-f4202ebf-89c6-4a8a-bec3-3d60cf7deaef

#Outlook #Hotmail #Live #MSN

Thanks,
9Folders Support Team

i told them i was using kn9 email wasn't a fan of using it i hope it be fixed by next month so they claiming microsoft issues interesting

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
somebody posted in this form about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...p/b806e4e8-28fd-4b5b-8be2-2b03cf39b938?page=5

basically saying
Just adding my own experience. Thunderbird started acting up early in the week. Thought it might be related to MS and OAuth2.0 authentication, and it still might, but difficult to tell. Also using 9Folders email for Android, and experiencing periodic connection issues, more disconnection issues in actuality. Thinking 9Folders might be at fault, I reached out to them, and they responded quickly, providing information regarding MS being the cause here, stating MS is aware, and that they have their Outlook team on it.

Let's hope it's back by the beginning of the work week, otherwise, we'll really feel the pain

follow up by Yes, switching Thunderbird to OAuth worked for me also. Nothing working on 9Folders for Android though.

i'm talking to microsoft chat they basically have no clue they thought was issue computer ha they didn't understand what nine email was the person in microsoft chat basically i wasted time all the info i giving person in chat they said we don't deal with 3rd part chat was sorry

somebody else just mention this on form
It's not Nine. My wife and I use it too, Not one device will connect. Even deleted an act and now won't authenticate to add back in. My Windows 10 machine with Office 365 won't work with Outlook, but my Windows 11 will. Other apps on Android I have that connect to Outlook acts won't work either such as Tasks. Only app on Android that will work is Microsoft Outlook and ToDo, and their office 365 suite. Go figure. I know it's an "honest" mistake from Microsoft, but sure sounds like big brother Apple knocking out the competition... except as I said it affects Windows 10 also. Nine is very powerful and Microsoft should have bought it. Much better than Android Outlook and the HORRIBLE ToDo app for tasks.. Terrible app for sorting and filtering, and no universal view box.

Hard to believe it's taking so long to fix and no mention of it in the news.

Only app on Android that will work is Microsoft Outlook and ToDo, and their office 365 suite.
Likewise, for me among MSO 2021 Pro (PC), Thunderbird (PC), Fair Email (Android), K-9Mail (Android) and Outlook (Android) only the Outlook Android client processes mail without obvious error, however it does not allow review or change of settings. It might just be ignoring the errors. There there is the different type of encryption elsewhere but changing that did not work for me and it cannot be done in many clients.

i do wonder if this was due to 365 outrage issues that happen past week i don't know

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
nine folks updated app

basically saying that

The following is the explanation and result obtained after analyzing the problems and symptoms reported by users about this trouble with Outlook.com accounts such as Outlook, Hotmail, Live, and MSN.

During the Outlook.com account setup and verification process, Nine App encodes data with Base64 and transmits it to the server, but the Microsoft Outlook.com server only accepts this as plain text. Therefore, Nine app users with Outlook.com accounts have gotten HTTP 1.1/505 not supported errors from the server and failed to log in to the server. Technically, Microsoft should address this issue by also allowing third-party apps to be supposed to use Base64 to transmit authentication data. But now Microsoft Outlook.com allows only plain text. Ultimately, Microsoft should solve it. But we released a patch version to avoid this issue and help users with Outlook.com accounts.

[Want to get solution immediately.]
If you want to solve this issue immediately and can't wait for Microsoft's solution, you can update the Nine app, delete your Outlook.com account, and then set it up again. It's to use the plain text query value method

[Waiting for Microsoft's solution.]
However, if you don't want to delete your Outlook account and set up a new one, you'll have to wait until Microsoft comes up with a solution. Please use it with this in mind.

To use the Plain Text Query Value method, you need to delete your account and create one again.

Please note that deleting an account may reset the settings specified in the account, so please choose carefully whether to reset the settings after deleting the account or wait for Microsoft to fix it.

Best regards,

9Folders

me i deleted it friday added it back sat did same thing should had just updated app today and just left it alone sat but ya know i can't handle having an email not working so i install app play store remove k9mail

needless to say i just got my 1st email push and inside inbox there is no connection retry i'm so happy nine email working again for me since past friday afternoon