Razr Maxx: Phone call other person can't hear me

scott6610

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I have been using the maxx for a couple weeks now.

Lately (3 times yesterday) I made a phone call and I could hear the other person fine but they couldn't hear me.

I would hang up, call back and worked fine.

It seems like a network issue. I am in a strong 4 g coverage area.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone call other person can't hear me

oh boy...

I was just about to switch from the Nexus because I have the same issue with that phone...

I guess maybe I should hold off?

scott6610

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I didnt have the issue yesterday but for no reason while using the phone it told me to insert a sim card?

A card was already in obviously. So I am thinking it is more network related than phone. I power cycled the phone btw and it was fine.

Simply put is I think there are still alot of bugs with 4g.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I didnt have the issue yesterday but for no reason while using the phone it told me to insert a sim card?

A card was already in obviously. So I am thinking it is more network related than phone. I power cycled the phone btw and it was fine.

Simply put is I think there are still alot of bugs with 4g.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Right, so how many times did you drop the phone and how high from the ground?
There's a short with your mic and the sim card is not touching all of the contacts.
Nice try but this is not a POS Samsung.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Right, so how many times did you drop the phone and how high from the ground?
There's a short with your mic and the sim card is not touching all of the contacts.
Nice try but this is not a POS Samsung.

That was uncalled for because I have gotten a no SIM Card error with the RAZR once before. And for your information, I have never dropped my phone and it still looks brand new.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That was uncalled for because I have gotten a no SIM Card error with the RAZR once before. And for your information, I have never dropped my phone and it still looks brand new.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.
Ok then try to swap sim cards

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the problem when someone calls, i answer and they dont hear me at first. I've rebooted a couple times, SIM pull, nothing has fixed it for me yet. Does it on a daily basis. Don't wanna return the phone everything else has been perfect other then this.

via Razr MAXX

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
oh boy...

I was just about to switch from the Nexus because I have the same issue with that phone...

I guess maybe I should hold off?

Because 1 person out of tens of thousands has the same problem? Sure, hold off, but I can guarantee you that there will be at least one person that will have the same problem with any phone....

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Keep the gnex dude... don't fool yourself.
Every device has these problems they have yet to make the perfect Android phone. Just saying...

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Is this whole section of the forum full of trolls? Wow

You can "guarantee" it?? What are you offering?

The percentage of people with the nexus issue is extremly small too. If this is a location issue rather than a phone issue I would like to know first before I try every phone known to man (according to you) before realzing that every phone may have this issue.

Also, check you coutning - by my count it's four people that have this issue on a forum where not that many people post. I say the percentage is rather high compared to the Nexus.

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Also, I love the nexus but I need to be able to make a phone call.

I understand I got a dev's phone, I root, I run roms and I understand FCs and needing reboots but having close to a 10% success rate at making a phone call is unacceptable.

kpeterk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

You're probably holding it upside down. Try flipping it around - the Verizon logo should to be at the bottom. :)

SixDegrees

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I don't think this problem is Android or phone specific. There are lots of reports of similar occurrences all over the Web, on many different phones and carriers. I've just had a similar problem with an AT&T 3G GoPhone, calling a similar phone; I could hear them, they couldn't hear me at all. I suspect it is a network issue of some sort. I immediately called another number and left a voice mail, which I could hear plainly, so the microphone seems to be working fine; I could also hear the "loopback" sound when I spoke on the original call, again indicating that the mic is OK.

megx

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

suddenly today peole could not hear me at all on my galaxy S3 phone...I could hear them just fine. I read somewhere to clean out the tiny hole next to the charging inlet with a sewing needle and IT WORKED I turned it off and on again and it was fine.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I've not run into this problem on my Maxx yet but I've had it happen on other phones (including "dumb" phones). I believe this is an issue with the carrier but I am not surprised to hear a reboot cleared the problem. Technology isn't perfect. I'm know when everyone had regular land-line wired phones (remember those?) that people had issues with those as well.

Just my $.02

Jason Neil

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Are you using speaker phone? I can't hear ppl good unless I have them on speaker phone but ppl cant hear me good on speaker unless I yell. It's only been happening for the past week. I think I may have damaged something by dropping it or perhaps something spilled on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non