Can't add email accounts?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have one gmail account and one corporate email. I need to add another account, but every time I try to I get a wait screen while the phone accesses my account details. It never goes beyond this screen. Twice when trying this I got a text message from VZWPIN with a bunch of meaningless numbers. I had the account on my phone before but had to do a factory reset to get the latest update due to a corrupt operating system. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think there are at least a couple ways of adding an account... I'd go through Settings > Accounts > Add account > choose the type and go from there... or are you using the method through the Email app???

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The first. I let it sit there for several minutes and it finally went through. Strange.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it a corporate sync email account.or are you trying to add a Hotmail or yahoo type account

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you want to use the yahoo mail app or would you like to add it through accounts? I used the app from a little while I like the push notifications but you cannot sync folders with the app. To add a yahoo account go to accounts then add account. Enter you email and pass word and make sure the automatically configure account box is unchecked then hit next. Go under the incoming server tab select imap mail server at the top. Then under server enter moto-android.imap.mail.yahoo.com. and reenter your email and password. Tap advanced settings use port 993 check use secure connection and verify certificate under the use secure connection tab select auto. Then go to your out going server setting under smpt server enter moto-android.smpt.mail.yahoo.com and renter email address and password again. Tap advanced settings use port 465. Check the use secure connection box. In the use secure password field select auto and in the authentication field select auto and check the verify certificate box. These are the settings I used to manually set up my email. I hope it works for you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thought I had replied to this. I was trying to add it through accounts. I waited about 15 minutes and it finally went through. No idea why it takes so long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Edierenfeld

Mar 25, 2021
Visit site
Just like the above query i cannot add another AOL account through my email app on the phone. I have one gmail, another AOL and have had 2 AOL accounts in the past, all easily added and synched. Now it says account or password incorrect for my primary AOL account. But this is not so. I removed the old account and changed passwords - everything works fine on 2 laptops and a tablet after the updates. It is clearly the phone and do not know how to fix. Shut off phone, cleared cache, loads of storage, even removed and reinstalled gmail account with new PW. Pls help.
Thx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just like the above query i cannot add another AOL account through my email app on the phone. I have one gmail, another AOL and have had 2 AOL accounts in the past, all easily added and synched. Now it says account or password incorrect for my primary AOL account. But this is not so. I removed the old account and changed passwords - everything works fine on 2 laptops and a tablet after the updates. It is clearly the phone and do not know how to fix. Shut off phone, cleared cache, loads of storage, even removed and reinstalled gmail account with new PW. Pls help.
Thx

See response in your other thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/1022792-adding-new-email-account.html#post6933198

(This one is a 9 year old thread, so it's unlikely you'll get much visibility here.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo