best phone out, hands down!

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
There is no doubt about it, usability trumps anything else. how did anyone ever stray from this concept. phones have become publicly available concept phones. i loved my GNex, but simply could not live with 4-5 hrs battery life and no signal ever! my employee got a DRM a week ago, after 5 days i went and got one. His outperformed the Nex in every single aspect in which makes a smartphone a smartphone. Namely battery and signal strength. I depend on my phone 100% of the time for my business and the Nex became an actual roadblock, not an inconvenience, an actual roadblock to conducting business. I say good riddance! While i loved the screen, "Google Status", style, ICS (in my opinion one of the top draws), etc. I have to have a smart phone that is dependable and reliable.... I have found it.

Reactions: cordoni and jroc

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on your new Maxx! I'm glad I got mine now, considering Verizon's recent announcements about eventually stopping unlimited data plans after the next upgrade. I can imagine using this phone for many years if I had to, just to maintain that unlimited plan. You know that this phone's battery should be longer-lived than others in terms of lifespan as well, since a lithium-ion battery's lifespan can be measured in charge cycles. If each charge lasts 2-3 times as long as your average smartphone battery, that means the lifespan should be 2-3 times as long.

Reactions: jlr273

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Although I think I got a bad Maxx on Wednesday (signal keeps shutting off completely), I like what I have seen so far. Like the OP, I'm coming from a GN (got it last Friday). I still have it and will probably keep it, but all it took was that one time I couldn't make a call. I went and got the Maxx the next day. I can't have a phone that I can't rely on. I'm coming from an iPhone and BB Bold, both rock solid as far as being an actual phone goes. Same with my Droid X2. But I missed Android so I'm back.

Anyway, Motorola has always been my first choice when it came to phones, but I like the GN screen and ICS is really awesome. Can't wait for the Maxx to get it.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Congrats, I also came from the Galaxy Nexus when I couldn't handle all the issues with the phone and have not looked back. The RAZR MAXX works perfectly in all functions which is what I need in a smartphone. Couldn't be happier.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
my only wish is for a better camera and ICS on my next moto with the same battery i have now . if the maxx had a better camera i would be set .

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
my ONLY complaint is that there isn't a ready screenshot function. i downloaded an app, but i gotta set it up all over again after i reboot :-\

but other than that i love it! MUCH better than the G2X i had 2 years ago with tmo.

Reactions: rbess1965

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the RAZR MAXX family :) I feel the same way when I got my MAXX. My galaxy nexus was a terrible phone. The battery on the MAXX rocks:cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
my ONLY complaint is that there isn't a ready screenshot function. i downloaded an app, but i gotta set it up all over again after i reboot :-\

but other than that i love it! MUCH better than the G2X i had 2 years ago with tmo.

There's a third party launcher (Home++) that will do screen shots without rooting but I'm not a fan of the launcher itself. I love Go Launcher ex and hoping they figure out a way to do it soon.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

BlackHippy21

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just switched out my gnex for the droid razr maxx, and I couldnt be happier. Gnex is a good phone but the signal issues followed by the tiny volume in the speakers became problematic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Reactions: 1fastmr2

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
OK folks, wait for it, I have put my iPhone in a drawer in favor of my Razr. The iPhone goes up for sale this week. Also bought a Xoom and am loving the combo.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just switched out my gnex for the droid razr maxx, and I couldnt be happier. Gnex is a good phone but the signal issues followed by the tiny volume in the speakers became problematic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

I agree MAXX is a better phone:)

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
How are all you guys switching. I may be in the market to switch because of the issues you all stated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Find a store manager and tell your sick of the phone. It took me a few trips to the store. I called customer service every time my call dropped and had other issues. Once you document them they will give in:)

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a Maxx this Saturday. I had been a longtime Blackberry user, went to an iPhone 4, then back to a Blackberry Bold 9930 because Blackberries just always seem to work while the iPhone dropped calls (same place, same carrier). But I saw the Maxx and fell in love with it. I wheedled Verizon until they finally gave in, cut the price by a couple hundred bucks and added a handsfree - not like I needed another - and a Jambox for free. I have been playing with it ever since. Call quality is up there with the BB - far better than the iPhone. Speaker is as good as the BB too, which is unusual. Say what you want about BB - they make a heck of a good sounding phone. The OS on the Maxx is a little dated - any word on when ICS comes to it? I have ICS on my Asus Transformer and it's amazing. But the sound, display, responsiveness, battery, 4G(!) - everything is wonderful. The only thing that annoys me is Swype. I turned it on yesterday and now I find myself trying to Swype my laptop keyboard :). It's amazing how Swype is so good at figuring out what you are doing. You often don't even have to hit the key you're aiming at.

So yeah, I'm happy. If only there was a belt holster as simple and good as the OEM one for the BB Bold. I hate cases including especially Otterbox, since they are bulky and hideous, so right now the Maxx rides in my pocket which means I have to keep that pocket empty.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a Maxx this Saturday. I had been a longtime Blackberry user, went to an iPhone 4, then back to a Blackberry Bold 9930 because Blackberries just always seem to work while the iPhone dropped calls (same place, same carrier). But I saw the Maxx and fell in love with it. I wheedled Verizon until they finally gave in, cut the price by a couple hundred bucks and added a handsfree - not like I needed another - and a Jambox for free. I have been playing with it ever since. Call quality is up there with the BB - far better than the iPhone. Speaker is as good as the BB too, which is unusual. Say what you want about BB - they make a heck of a good sounding phone. The OS on the Maxx is a little dated - any word on when ICS comes to it? I have ICS on my Asus Transformer and it's amazing. But the sound, display, responsiveness, battery, 4G(!) - everything is wonderful. The only thing that annoys me is Swype. I turned it on yesterday and now I find myself trying to Swype my laptop keyboard :). It's amazing how Swype is so good at figuring out what you are doing. You often don't even have to hit the key you're aiming at.

So yeah, I'm happy. If only there was a belt holster as simple and good as the OEM one for the BB Bold. I hate cases including especially Otterbox, since they are bulky and hideous, so right now the Maxx rides in my pocket which means I have to keep that pocket empty.

Have you tried the SwiftKey X keyboard? Its a pretty nice keyboard and worth the $2.99 if you do not have it yet!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wheedled Verizon until they finally gave in, cut the price by a couple hundred bucks and added a handsfree - not like I needed another - and a Jambox for free.

I need you to negotiate for me the next time I buy a car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa