Now that the phones been out for a little while, what are some pros and cons you've noticed about yo

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Purchased my galaxy s10e from best buy about 3 weeks ago and wanted to share my thoughts what I love and don't like about my purchase so lets get started shall we?

Pros-------------------

-Size is fantastic! was never a fan of big phones (loved the iPhone 4, imported a xperia z1 compact for its size) I'll be honest would've loved if the phone was even smaller but I ain't complaining about the size.

-Battery life is great! I am normally getting around 5 hours of Screen on Time 10 to 14 hours off the charger. Very happy with the results (bluetooth on all day, wifi on when available, AoD off, GPS on)

-Fingerprint scanner is quick and easy. the placement at the top at first looked like a bad idea but it just took a little getting used to. But it isn't perfect and I'll address why in the cons

-This blue color I have is so beautiful I've usually only owned black and white phones (and a silver HTC One M7) the color shift when tilting it and getting a different angle is superb

-The cameras are (from my experience) the greatest smartphone cameras I've ever used. While they might not be better than the Google pixel (never used one) they are pretty good for what they are and all the modes and now the wide angle everything from taking a quick picture to going for something a little more interesting is fluid fast and most importantly customizable

-quickest and smoothest Samsung experience I've had yet. and it's a good feeling to see everything work the way it's supposed to not hang for a few seconds not get glitched out and have things close randomly like they did in the past (my GS6 use to force close apps on it's own at random) One UI is my favorite android skin yet and I love using it

(if I remember anymore pros I will update this post and add them)

Cons-------------------

-Fingerprint scanner is way too sensitive sometimes. I've even tested this by putting my finger NEAR it (not actually touching it) and it would register a false input saying not recognized. I've also noticed if my hands are even the slightest bit of sweaty/moisture on them the fingerprint scanner will not work. Which never happened on another phone ever (example would be picking up a can of soda and then picking up the phone to unlock it won't work sometimes) this never happened to me on my Galaxy S8 which is odd because this scanner looks a little longer which I would think would have more room to scan? but I'm hoping this could be fixed with a software update

-the proximity sensor? (thing that knows when the shut the screen off when on a phone call and phone is near your face) does not work great at all. I'm gonna say about out of 100 calls 33 of them the screen was on the whole time. And I tried moving it from my face and putting it back and it still would stay on (sometimes shutting off for a quick second but then going right back on)

-No notification light. I understand AoD is supposed to replace that but I really enjoyed seeing from far without AoD if my phone was charging or not. (I made a Bixby routine to turn on AoD when charging) I'm hoping a stable app or Samsung releases an update to edge lighting to address this

MINI CON- The built on screen protector that came with the phone was very distracting. Would draw more attention to the camera cut out because of the dust getting caught in hole but I fixed that by removing the screen protector. Now wallpapers and just the general experience with the phone is so much better with a person with a small amount of OCD

(If I remember anymore cons will update accordingly)

What do you guys think about the s10e? what are some of your pros and cons?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Good thread idea. I can agree with you about the colors and size as pros and the con being the sensitivity of the fingerprint scanner.

I'm glad that the s10e exists for what it represents. I have wanted a phone like this for years now and I have settled with a phone or two in the meanwhile. It's nice to finally no longer have to settle.

A con for me is the sharp effect in low light in addition to zoom with the camera. I'm not a fan of that at all. Otherwise, I really like my flamingo pink phone. It's so nice to have phones with colors again.

Edit: I just realized that in this smaller phone category of 2018/19 phones, this is the only one that has a headphone Jack. There is something to be appreciated about this, especially when you have to charge it and you are on a call.

Last edited:
May 11, 2020
Visit site
I charge my s9 + overnight everynight. Lately phone has shut off in the middle of phone calls etc... when it reaches 13 % it automatically shut off. Tonight it shut off on its own and went back on. on its own!! Why is this happening??

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd put the battery in the "con" column. Your own example says 10-14 hours off the charger, that is not a pro.

I charge my s9 + overnight everynight. Lately phone has shut off in the middle of phone calls etc... when it reaches 13 % it automatically shut off. Tonight it shut off on its own and went back on. on its own!! Why is this happening??

This isn't the correct place to ask that question. Go to the S9+ forum and ask there.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the fingerprint placement. on the back is preferred. add better battery life, standby time is an issue, and it's about perfect.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer the fingerprint reader on the side. My finger normally falls there, not on the back and I can reach it with the phone laying flat on the table. As for battery life, it's great on the Snapdragon variant, standby time isn't an issue.Screenshot_20200519-033303_GSam%20Battery%20Monitor.jpeg

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I actually prefer the fingerprint reader on the side. My finger normally falls there, not on the back and I can reach it with the phone laying flat on the table. As for battery life, it's great on the Snapdragon variant, standby time isn't an issue.
My experience is the opposite. The fingerprint is only about 50% effective, was on my last 10e as well. I have to place it in the exact position to work, slight inside right index finger, and it's sensitivity varies a lot. Battery life definitely went up after the last big update, but five hours sot is just ok, and it drains faster than a 72 Chrysler with a dual quad 440 when playing games like cod mobile.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Snapdragon or Exynos? 6-8 hours SOT and no problems with the fingerprint reader on my AT&T Snapdragon version. It is well known that the Exynos version has issues with standby battery drain and worse battery life than the Snapdragon.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Snapdragon or Exynos? 6-8 hours SOT and no problems with the fingerprint reader on my AT&T Snapdragon version. It is well known that the Exynos version has issues with standby battery drain and worse battery life than the Snapdragon.

Snapdragon.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
My experience is the opposite. The fingerprint is only about 50% effective, was on my last 10e as well. I have to place it in the exact position to work, slight inside right index finger, and it's sensitivity varies a lot. Battery life definitely went up after the last big update, but five hours sot is just ok, and it drains faster than a 72 Chrysler with a dual quad 440 when playing games like cod mobile.
How many months of use is on your S10e's battery?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
But the issue is not with the phone itself. It is because S10 and S10+ exist.:)

Its much easier to find phones that are the same size as an S10, and especially S10+.

Try finding something the size of an S10e thats even half as good...aside from the soon to come Pixel 4a.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S10e is an amazing phone. It provides good value at 749$. But the issue is not with the phone itself. It is because S10 and S10+ exist.:)

How's that an issue? Personally I didn't buy the e by accident, I bought it because it's a better phone than the other 3 S10 models in my opinion.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
How's that an issue? Personally I didn't buy the e by accident, I bought it because it's a better phone than the other 3 S10 Moselle models in my opinion.
As an S10e owner, the only thing I'd envy from the S10+ is the bigger battery.

I could care less for the giant display, the extra camera lens, the curved edges, the WQHD+ res...

An extra 200-300mAh would have been perfect.

A Mophie case solves that though, with 2000mAh it gives another 60% charge easily.

The S10e is also just about the only phone that even when a Mophie case is slapped on, it remains a manageable size.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
this is why I bought it, flat screen, small size.
if they had made an active version I would have not thought twice about buying it.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
this is why I bought it, flat screen, small size.
if they had made an active version I would have not thought twice about buying it.
They did make the XCover 4S last year though...which basically looks like a rugged Galaxy S4 lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174