Bluetooth Not Auto-Connecting with Car Stereo

mattw783

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from a Droid X to the Droid Razr Maxx. I love almost everything about it but noticed that when I go into my car with the bluetooth on, it does not automatically pair up with the car. The phone states "paired but not connected" and I have to manually force it to connect. My Droid X automatically connected if it saw the car's stereo. I have the car stored in the stereo's memory so it almost feels like a bug to me, just not sure if it's my phone or something inside the software. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a way to solve this?

I drive a 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Premium if that helps any. Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My 2012 Acura RDX did this before and I had to unpair and than reconnect my device to the system. Also, you're sure Bluetooth is activated before you turn the ignition, right? :

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

eaknet

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my car, and like the other poster,an unpair/repair did the trick. Make sure you delete both pairings, phone AND car.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2011_STi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my new Razr MAXX and my 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Just tried deleting pairing from both phone and car but no luck. My DROID2 connected automatically.

2011_STi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I just found something on another forum that said: Configure Bluetooth pairing from controls on steering wheel and not from head unit. I just tried it and it seems like it fixed the issue I was having.

Reactions: mattw783

disneyfreak73

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my maxx and I have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. It seems to connect at times (in particular, I either have to be in park and/or have BT on before cranking up) and other times I have to force it. Really a pain, but glad I'm not the only one.

Wasn't this last update supposed to fix this issue?

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. Used to have DINC2, which hooked up right away, but had problem with voice recognition when trying to make calls. Bought MAXX two weeks ago, no problem with voice recognition, but problem having car recognize/pair with phone. But tried one advice of turning bluetooth on BEFORE you turn on your engine. It works. Weird, I know.

mattw783

May 24, 2012
Visit site
That worked! I set it up using the voice prompts from the steering wheel and it worked. Thanks!

I just found something on another forum that said: Configure Bluetooth pairing from controls on steering wheel and not from head unit. I just tried it and it seems like it fixed the issue I was having.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

cusquirm

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem with both a 2013 Subaru Impreza (Limited and Premium). Just deleting the previous phone will not work. It will only pair temporarily... and every time you turn off the car.. it will lose the pairing. If you had paired a phone to the car before and now are trying to pair a new phone or the same phone after factory reset, the following will work. (Warning.. it will delete all your saved phonebook entries for dialing in the car radio, not the phone). This is the only way that I got it to work for both of my Subarus. Apparently there is an issue with releasing a phone once it is paired.

1. Push the talk button on the steering wheel.
2. Using the radio button, turn the knob until you get to setup and select it.
3. Turn knob to find "Initialize" and select it...This will reset all the bluetooth settings.
4. Now pair the phone using the steering wheel controls as normal.
5. Fixed :)

Jchu8468

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
In my 2013 Impreza (Audio type A) I had to select "Setup", then "System Setup" before I found "Initialize" but then everything fell into place.

Thanks so much!

Jchu8468

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem with both a 2013 Subaru Impreza (Limited and Premium). Just deleting the previous phone will not work. It will only pair temporarily... and every time you turn off the car.. it will lose the pairing. If you had paired a phone to the car before and now are trying to pair a new phone or the same phone after factory reset, the following will work. (Warning.. it will delete all your saved phonebook entries for dialing in the car radio, not the phone). This is the only way that I got it to work for both of my Subarus. Apparently there is an issue with releasing a phone once it is paired.

1. Push the talk button on the steering wheel.
2. Using the radio button, turn the knob until you get to setup and select it.
3. Turn knob to find "Initialize" and select it...This will reset all the bluetooth settings.
4. Now pair the phone using the steering wheel controls as normal.
5. Fixed :)

In my 2013 Impreza (Audio type A) I had to select "Setup", then "System Setup" before I found "Initialize" but then everything fell into place.

Thanks so much!

limbrogn

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Not Auto-Connecting with Car Stereo-It was a metal hinge in my case!

I was performing your pairing through the steering wheel while perusing the Subaru instruction manual. In the manual, it explains that the BT may not pair due to metal being shielding the BT signal between the car and device.
Low and behold. A kickstand hinge on my cell case had a metal hinge (durable but BT signal blocking). Once I removed the case, the signal connects instantly and reliably.
I thought I was going to have to get a new phone. Now I just have to buy a cheaper plastic cell case.

:) This forum was very helpful. Thank you for everyone sharing their advice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo