Why will NO .apk files sideload?

Skydog#AC

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
And, yes, "Unknown Sources" IS checked/enabled in app settings.

Whenever I sideload an apk for installation, the 'install' button is completely unresponsive -- only 'cancel' is active. What is the problem? Of all my other Android phones and tablets I have never once had a problem -- until now, with my Maxx. Nothing will install, including apks of backed-up apps already on the phone.

What am I missing? I am beyond frustrated.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm all mine install just fine. I had one that did not want to install correctly and thats because I was trying to install a non-qhd app. Once I found the right apk everything was golden. You may have to hard reset. I know its not the solution you are looking for but may be your best bet. I used ES File explorer, im non-rooted.

Skydog#AC

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm all mine install just fine. I had one that did not want to install correctly and thats because I was trying to install a non-qhd app. Once I found the right apk everything was golden. You may have to hard reset. I know its not the solution you are looking for but may be your best bet. I used ES File explorer, im non-rooted.

Oh, the dreaded hard reset. If it comes to that perhaps I'll wait for ICS to arrive. I just wish I knew why this is occuring.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long shot, but are you using Screen Filter by Haxor? Oddly, if you dim the screen with it, the install button becomes unresponsive when trying to install apks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Skydog#AC

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Long shot, but are you using Screen Filter by Haxor? Oddly, if you dim the screen with it, the install button becomes unresponsive when trying to install apks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
Thank you, B.Diddy -- you are brilliant! I am not using Screen Filter but I do have Screen Adjuster (for RGB color and contrast) installed and it appears to be the culprit.

BTW, for anyone reading this, ScreenDim is far superior to Screen Filter, IMHO. ScreenDim is highly customizable, has five editable presets and, most important, does not interfere with sideloading apks. ;)

Last edited:

copasetic

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I do have screen filter installed but it is not running. I switched it back from screen adjuster because screen filter can be put just about anywhere without using a widget. Bummer.

MissMystikle

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
FYI - The same thing happened to me on my Galaxy Note 3 running Lollipop today all because I was running the brightness app Lux Dashboard.... go figure...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non