You guys that received the ICS text message...

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
With all of the leaks flying around in the last couple of weeks methinks the soak test was a viral campaign.

Moto Engineer 1: "Let's just leak this to a select few and see what happens"
Moto Engineer 2: "Great idea! That should confuse the hell out of some people!"

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who registers at the Motorola Owners site could click a box to be on the list to be considered for soak tests....but if any were picked, they would have signed a non-disclosure...so if they posted in response to your querry, they'd probably have a problem...:-*

anon(56379)

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Good point PennaD but even so I can tell you for certain that I am not participating in the soak test. I installed the Verizon im client, hence why I received the message.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Snowcrash45

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Good point PennaD but even so I can tell you for certain that I am not participating in the soak test. I installed the Verizon im client, hence why I received the message.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

That's not necessarily the reason why you got the text. I installed the Im app too

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

anon(56379)

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Seriously I don't get the animosity.... It was widely reported people were getting the texts. I am as eager as anyone else about the update, and other than the reason explained in the text I have no reason why I got the message and others haven't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
i haven't gotten a text from verizon about a up date and the only text that i have gotten is them thanking me for paying my bill. :(