Question How to stop youtube videos from auto-playing in a text message (Google Messages App)

Android Dude777

Mar 20, 2024
Visit site
My phone used to just show underlined url's for youtube videos when a link was included in a text message. Then I started noticing that under the url in the text message, it would show a player (with a pic from the video) that I could click on to play the video. Now sometimes, the video auto-plays. How can I stop the video from auto-playing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open your Google Messages app, tap your profile pic at the upper right , then Messages Settings>Automatic Previews, and toggle them off. Does that help?

Android Dude777

Mar 20, 2024
Visit site
I tried that, but it didn't help (I restarted my phone too). Although it's kind of strange. Most youtube video links in the texts sent to me just show a static image of a player that I can click on if i want to watch it, but a new video I received today autoplays, and when I tap on it to stop it, ANOTHER player pops up above the first player and is still playing the video, and it is somewhat difficult to get it go away (if i touch the player and drag it down, an X appears and if I act fast enough, i can tap the X and the video stops playing...) Is this an "upgrade"?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos