Turn off email notifications at night?

Smudgie

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded to ICS and really like it. One thing that I need to do is turn off my email notifications at night. I get spam email in the middle of the night and do not need to be woken up for that. I would like to be able to get text messages at night. With Gingerbread I was able to use Timeriffic to accomplish this. With ICS Timerific does not appear to work with this feature. Is there any way to turn off email notifications at night other than manually going into settings and doing this? Thanks

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Suggestion: Use SmartAction... turn off Background data... this will stop any emails, but still allow text messages... plus you can do a lot more if you want to including setting Ringer Volume and VIP calling.

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded to ICS and really like it. One thing that I need to do is turn off my email notifications at night. I get spam email in the middle of the night and do not need to be woken up for that. I would like to be able to get text messages at night. With Gingerbread I was able to use Timeriffic to accomplish this. With ICS Timerific does not appear to work with this feature. Is there any way to turn off email notifications at night other than manually going into settings and doing this? Thanks

In timeriffic settings under experimental check that. In ICS apparently ringer volume and notification volume are tied together. That's why you see unsupported for notifications in timeriffic until you check the experimental feature. I had smart actions set to turn off background sync last night and it didn't work. I still got email and fb notifications. I started a thread about this. Tonight will find out if timeriffic works with the experimental checked. Hope so, hate getting woken up in the middle of the night.

jake_v

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Did the link mode in timerific work for you? My D4 just upgraded to ICS today and am curious about this. I don't want to get email notifications but need the ringer to work since I'm on call this week

Ivan Pavlov

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
If you use a calendar, your phone already has all the info it needs about when to mute itself - "lecture", "ball game", "family dinner" are all events which require different ringer volumes. Why not have that calendar automatically manage your volume? Here's an Android app that seamlessly does so:

Eventador: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rmattered.calendarringervolume&token=SdytCu38

Eventador, also an Android app, hooks into your existing calendar, and seamlessly mutes (and restores!) your phone during selected events. No more duplicate events!

808Mobi

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Ringleader. I set up a night profile that sets all notifications to silent except for phone. Works like a charm.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk HD

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Llama can do this, or SmartActions. SmartActions are simpler to set up, but Llama is much more powerful. Also, Tasker can do it, but Tasker is an entire world to learn, so don't bother with it unless you want to automate LOTS of stuff and have time to learn it.

I'd start with SmartActions, and if you find that you like it and want to do more stuff, get Llama. You'll like it!

Hope this helps.

Bob