How to Turn Off Samsung Notifications

JamesJoey

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
Even though I have not added my Samsung account to the tablet, I still get notifications from the
Samsung Account.
Also, I'm unable to turn notifications off for Samsung Account of because the setting is grayed out.

Any ideas?
James

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you certain there is no Samsung account associated with the device? (You can check this in Settings/Accounts; if there are, you should be able to remove them from there). If that is confirmed, what do the notifications say they originated from if you long-press one? They may be Web notifications (in which case you'd have to check which browser is pushing them and then remove them in those settings for the Samsung site). Additionally, make sure that no continuity or device linking exists on the tablet to another Samsung device like a phone that may be pushing notifications to the tablet (although, this feature, I belive, requires a Samsung account to be linked on both devices).

JamesJoey

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
The only account I have associated with my tablet is my google account.
I've cleared the notification, but it is listed as 'Samsung account.'

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When one comes back, can you long-press the notification and tap 'Settings'; either screenshot it or tell us what it says on the top where the app that generated it shows up. Also, what does it say in the notification itself?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

JamesJoey

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Today I got a notification from Samsung account telling me to log in to help finding my device.
More often I get a notification from Device UI. No text, just the notification.
What's annoying is I can't turn them off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the best you can do is change the notifications to Silent and turn off Pop-up notifications for Samsung Account.