6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Been running it since this weekend. Been pretty good so far.

There is also a .215 leak available but it is to take you back to .211 from .214 if it's needed or you do not like the .214 update.

carmen_612

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Disregard... I fixed it. Sorry about that.
I saw that it installs empty directories... Any reason for that?

Also, now that it is updated, can I delete the ZIP file on the SD Card?

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Disregard... I fixed it. Sorry about that.
I saw that it installs empty directories... Any reason for that?

Also, now that it is updated, can I delete the ZIP file on the SD Card?

Glad you got it fixed! You could delete the file if you want, but I keep my update files there just in case. Also, if you ever want to go back to stock .211, I have provided a link in the OP. BuMMer-X mentioned a downgrade leak, which is called .215, but it simply just brings you back to .211, the stock 4.0.4 ICS. You can use the same steps I have provided to downgrade by just switching the .zip files.

As for what is being installed and why they are empty, I am not sure what was really changed. All I know is that this update was aimed to fix battery life.

carmen_612

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Good idea on maintaining a update file.
I appreciate the assistance and will update any findings I may have.
I did notice that it did erase the facebook cache as well. Sometimes I wonder if facebook is the culprit with slowing down the system.
Anywho, take care and looking forward to all the new updates to come :)

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Time to charge. Not bad I'd say, considering I gave it heavier use than normal. When I'm not trying to drain it, this will probably be better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forms

malicefox

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Installed this on my regular razr, and its KILLING my battery. I have been off the charger for 2 hours, and 4 mins, and already lost 20% of my battery life. I would take a screenshot to show,but i have no idea how to do it on this phone :(

*edit* figured out how to screenshot!

Vz4s6.png

Last edited:

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Installed this on my regular razr, and its KILLING my battery. I have been off the charger for 2 hours, and 4 mins, and already lost 20% of my battery life. I would take a screenshot to show,but i have no idea how to do it on this phone :(

*edit* figured out how to screenshot!

Click to view quoted image

I'm sorry to hear that. If you'd like to revert back to .211, you can follow the steps I provided, but instead of using the upgrade .zip, you can use the downgrade .zip found in the second link of the OP.

Reactions: malicefox

malicefox

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I will let it settle in and see how it behaves over the next couple days. So far, its not liking the update, but the phone does seem a bit more responsive with the changes. I will try and keep some updates as time progresses.

Reactions: apquijano

carmen_612

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone was doing the same thing. I just fully charged my phone and within 30 mins it went down 10% I checked and found that the screen and OS were using 82% of that total. Im rebooting to see if something may have been running in the background. We shall see...

malicefox

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a bit of an update, its now been off the charger for 7 hours and im down to 60%. It seems to be settling down a bit, as im not losing the 10% per hour as i was this morning.
SuZYT.png

Reactions: apquijano

carmen_612

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
See, I'm worried about that line that's under the battery meter... see how its a pretty steady solid line... before it had breaks in it when the phone was locked or in standby. Is that indicating that the OS is constantly on and that is the reason for the OS % to be high? Is that what is draining the battery? Attactched is a pic of my battery usage. What are peoples thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
See, I'm worried about that line that's under the battery meter... see how its a pretty steady solid line... before it had breaks in it when the phone was locked or in standby. Is that indicating that the OS is constantly on and that is the reason for the OS % to be high? Is that what is draining the battery? Attactched is a pic of my battery usage. What are peoples thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Have you been on Wi-Fi the entire time? My graph had a solid blue line as well, but I've had Wi-Fi on since I've gotten it off the charger. I turned Wi-Fi off and went to 4G and now there's a break in the blue line.