S23+ phone "locks up", screen goes black

smfoley1

Jul 1, 2020
Visit site
So my S23+ has been doing this for awhile now. The screen goes black and I cant get it to open. The fingerprint scanner will show on the screen but no matter what I do I cant get the phone to open so I can use it. The only thing that fixes it is to hold down the volume down and side key at the same time to cycle the power until the Samsung logo appears. Anybody else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache partition?

You may also want to try to hard reset your phone ... just be warned you may lose all of your data if the phone is not backed up

You can also google and or YouTube search both of these options ..... it may help. I had something similar happen to my Tab 4. I did both and it resolved my issue.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So my S23+ has been doing this for awhile now. The screen goes black and I cant get it to open. The fingerprint scanner will show on the screen but no matter what I do I cant get the phone to open so I can use it. The only thing that fixes it is to hold down the volume down and side key at the same time to cycle the power until the Samsung logo appears. Anybody else experiencing this? Is there a fix?
Have you tried clearing the cache partition?

You may also want to try to hard reset your phone ... just be warned you may lose all of your data if the phone is not backed up

You can also google and or YouTube search both of these options ..... it may help. I had something similar happen to my Tab 4. I did both and it resolved my issue.
I'll give it a try, thanks
No issues here.

Before I upgrading from my S7A, I backed up everything on the Google One cloud storage 'Back up your device' -and- on the Samsung Cloud 'Back up data', as well as copying most files over to a PC beforehand, so as to have redundant backups. Then actually didn't have to even use the Google backup, or PC backup, as the 'Samsung Switch' app worked perfectly; it even copied and re-created every single home page folder I had made, over approx 6 years, containing hundreds of bookmarks — on 8 or 9 or more screen pages :rolleyes:— that I had already started to email to myself. And no issues whatsoever since activating in Sept 23'. Hope you get it sorted easily.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29