6.16.214 ics upgrade leak

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Also, could you describe your use so far? Android OS is the amount of battery used by apps. It looks like you've been using your phone lightly.

carmen_612

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had wifi on all day. I had it on before as well and it had breaks prior to the install. I will be sure to pay attention to it tomorrow as well. I will turn off wifi for a period of time.
Apps that I have are pretty generic. I'm not running any task managers other than what the OS has. Norton, social networks (G+, FB)... trying to think of otheres that may be using a lot of power. I'm on the phone a lot so I will watch it. I will say that it seems to have a bit more spring in its step but that could also be from clearing the cache.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After a day of using it
-Battery life-Still about the same as .211 (not too good for me), I will give it another charge tonight but I will let it die all the way and let it charge for at least 6 hour. If any difference, slightly better but not enough to go from .211 to .214 if you do not understand how to update it.
-Performance-No difference between .211 and .214. I also did a factory reset after install .211 and I noticed a difference when I did that. But going from .211 to .214, I didn't notice a difference. After I upgraded from GB to ICS, it was very laggy. but I did a factory reset and .211 ICS was WAY smoother and better. But going from .211 to .214, no difference. Still smooth and snappy.
-Radio-No difference

Reactions: apquijano

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
See, I'm worried about that line that's under the battery meter... see how its a pretty steady solid line... before it had breaks in it when the phone was locked or in standby. Is that indicating that the OS is constantly on and that is the reason for the OS % to be high? Is that what is draining the battery? Attactched is a pic of my battery usage. What are peoples thoughts?

Have you ever tapped on that graph? When you do it'll show another screen with helpful info...especially what that solid blue line is all about.

HTH

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
After a day of using it
-Battery life-Still about the same as .211 (not too good for me), I will give it another charge tonight but I will let it die all the way and let it charge for at least 6 hour. If any difference, slightly better but not enough to go from .211 to .214 if you do not understand how to update it.
-Performance-No difference between .211 and .214. I also did a factory reset after install .211 and I noticed a difference when I did that. But going from .211 to .214, I didn't notice a difference. After I upgraded from GB to ICS, it was very laggy. but I did a factory reset and .211 ICS was WAY smoother and better. But going from .211 to .214, no difference. Still smooth and snappy.
-Radio-No difference

Thank you for your report! There seems to be very little middle ground like what you seem to be experiencing. Most users have either had very good or very bad experiences with the update.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I don't think I'm having battery issues with my Maxx, but I have been having random reboots (usually at night which makes me think that Smart Actions may have something to do with it). Regardless of whether or not this update would do anything for the random reboots, my concern here (as with any leak) is getting "out of line" so to speak with the "official" VZW updates (OTA's).

If I flash this, and something newer is released by VZW later on, am I going to have to worry about not receiving future OTA's? I did this exact same thing with Froyo on my Incredible years ago, but that was an official OTA that was pushing out. I was just impatient and installed it on my own. I'm comfortable with the procedure. I just want to make sure I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot futher down the road here.

Thanks...

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I don't think I'm having battery issues with my Maxx, but I have been having random reboots (usually at night which makes me think that Smart Actions may have something to do with it). Regardless of whether or not this update would do anything for the random reboots, my concern here (as with any leak) is getting "out of line" so to speak with the "official" VZW updates (OTA's).

If I flash this, and something newer is released by VZW later on, am I going to have to worry about not receiving future OTA's? I did this exact same thing with Froyo on my Incredible years ago, but that was an official OTA that was pushing out. I was just impatient and installed it on my own. I'm comfortable with the procedure. I just want to make sure I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot futher down the road here.

Thanks...

If anything you may have to flash back to .211, but that's fairly simple to do. Then u can go ahead and check for updates the normal way.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If anything you may have to flash back to .211, but that's fairly simple to do. Then u can go ahead and check for updates the normal way.

OK, thanks. I just installed it a few minutes ago.

I did put both zip files on my SD card so I can flash back relatively easy if I need to.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's been made relatively easy to go back to .211 if you must. Let us know how it works out for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX with ICS using Android Central Forms

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Some of you that are having issues should try a partition cache wipe which cleans cache from system. This you do from recovery.
Then get app cache cleaner by infolife llc and use this also to clean cache from apps.

malicefox

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Much better results for me after the OS settled in. Now i went 6 hours and got down to 80% remaining. no major changes in phone useage.

iHNfV.png

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 bars 4g, in my house now! Used to have 1 to 2.

sent from Droid Razr Maxx

I am a Soak tester. This issue was brought up during the Soak test and Matt explained that the radio was not changed, just the way bars are displayed. So, you might see fewer bars, but it really is the same signal. They were just too optimistic on the bar display previously.

That's what they said, at least.

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've done FDR, cache wipe I've reinstalled ics from SD card I've installed the leak .214 I have installed each app from the play store versus a Google restore and I still cannot get back to ginger bread levels. Used to with heavy use screen on times of 4 hours it would only get down to 30 to 40 % over 18 hours. I guess I will have to lug around my charger again

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Very tempted to try the leak. My battery has been getting progressively worse. I'm on WiFi almost all day. Pre-ICS I would go about 16-18 hours and have 40% left. Now, I'm 11 hours with 40%. I have wiped the cache partition and performed a factory reset. It still gets me through the day ok but it definitely isn't the same. That 40% is with 2h 38m screen on time and 1h 23m Android OS (cpu time).

I'm definitely not seeing what other people are claiming. I was but not anymore.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Curious that the battery issues seems to affect some phones but not others. My Maxx seems to be every bit equal to GB levels on ICS. If there's any difference it's insignificant. I wonder what is different on the phones that develop the problem?

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I'm looking at today. This is pretty normal use for me. Was getting 16 hours or so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699