1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery drained overnight?

Hello.... Last night I plugged my Maxx into the charger (which is connected to the computer) as usual. The battery probably was at about 80%, as usual. When I woke this morning and unplugged my phone, it would not respond. Upon plugging it into my wife's wall charger, a battery symbol appeared which showed my battery at 0%!

I have never had a battery issue and I can't believe that it drained to 0% overnight while plugged in. Even if I had left it unplugged it wouldn't have drained that much.

Any clues?

Thanks.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Default Re: Battery drained overnight?

USB ports on some computers may not have enough juice to give it a good charge. that being said something must have been trying to run on your phone to make it die so quickly. i dont recommend charging via USB ports on computers unless absolutely necessary. System Panel on the play store will help narrow down battery culprits. you have no pay for it, but it is on my top 10 list of must have apps.
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Change global to lte/cdma in mobile networks. Dramtic improvement.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Battery drained overnight?

This is the same issue I've come across in my post from a couple of weeks ago ... Haven't a clue what started it (ICS upgrade?) or how to fix ... I've had another ocurrance with in the last couple of days ... BUT its only happened when I charge while powered down ... Next investigation will be to completely wipe the device and go from there ...

Failure to charge?
    ---

Pressure is something you feel only if you don't know what you're doing.

- Chuck Noll