Data outage in IL

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
All data ceased about a half hour ago. This is down by Champaign, IL. Called Verizon and while I was talking with the tech he said they were just starting to get calls from Chicago too. I still have the 3G symbol (no 4G coverage here), but it's white, meaning it's not connecting to Google servers and none of the applications on my phone that use data are working. Strangely, my squad car computer, which connects through Verizon, is still working.

Anyone else?

cntrlwiz

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Fort Wayne, and my work-issued DINC2 has no 3G/1X data.

Oddly enough, my personal Blackberry is doing fine. I even used the hotspot on the BB to connect the DINC2 to wifi...

I figured it was an issue with the phone, so I tried the usual reboot, *228, etc... no joy.

Must be a Verizon issue.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep, got it back late yesterday morning. Got a call a couple hours ago from the same Verizon rep who said they identified and corrected the problem. Got a text about 6 hours before that saying that the "traffic switchover" was complete and instructing me to reboot the phone. Noticed I was on 1x only in a normal 4G area. Rebooted both mine and the wife's (same 1x on hers) Maxx and all is good again. No idea what the problem was but Verizon found it.