Struggles to stay on LTE since ICS upgrade..

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the ICS upgrade, I will often notice my Razr stuck on 3G.

I also have a Thunderbolt and it's ALWAYS on LTE.

Anyone else having trouble staying on LTE with their Razr?

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No difference for me....I do notice throttling on LTE and switch to 3g to avoid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
No difference for me....I do notice throttling on LTE and switch to 3g to avoid.

Curious if your truly being throttled or something else going on. I thought LTE was throttle proof at least for now. I'm on 3G only and know I'm being throttled at times, but was under the impression 4G was not throttled as of yet. Is there any pattern to it?

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I looked at the app and read several of the reviews at Play Store.

I have connectivity issues on occasion but not as often as others in this forum.

I believe the connectivity issues have more to do with a mix of external variables such as tower location proximity and internal variables - software and settings applied by the end user. I think the day the end user changes his first setting all bets are off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Negative reviews? I used it without problems.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
At night take something like the play store...I I will go to the store and it will sort of hang
..if I switch to 3g it loads right up. Its only in early evening/high traffic times...my suburban area is pretty dense so I assume it has something to do with tower traffic...It really is no problem cause like I said I just switch to 3g and whatever site is slow just pops right up!

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the app and read several of the reviews at Play Store.

I have connectivity issues on occasion but not as often as others in this forum.

I believe the connectivity issues have more to do with a mix of external variables such as tower location proximity and internal variables - software and settings applied by the end user. I think the day the end user changes his first setting all bets are off.

I think in my case it has to do with the ICS upgrade.

I have two phones side by side all day in the same locations. My Thunderbolt *always* gets me strong LTE access while my Razr seems to switch down to 3G maybe 20-30% of the times that I check the indicator.

I never had this problem before ICS on my Razr, it was always solid on LTE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86