How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Just looking around a bit.....will clearing the cache help? If so, can I do that with safestrap or do I need to disable it? It says "wipe cache partition" and that just seems more.....permanent. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Ok, figured that out and it didn't work. Gah, frustrated.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, figured that out and it didn't work. Gah, frustrated.

;-)

Let's start over. What rom are you using?

---------- Post Merged at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I did! 62 bit drivers. I checked my operating system first to be sure. I mean I've rooted phones before so I have no clue why this didn't work for me. I'll give it another go soon. Thanks so much for your help! All of you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

What's the verdict?

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
;-)

Let's start over. What rom are you using?

---------- Post Merged at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 AM ----------

What's the verdict?

I'm awake! So I'm trying it again. Just uninstalled the drivers and rebooted my computer. I am going to install the drivers listed in the OP. I don't need to install the ones in the utility correct? I'll try that and report back.

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Installed the drivers in the OP. Rebooted.. connected my phone, all the drivers installed... Opened the utility pressed option 2. Made sure everything was good, pressed enter and bam same adb is not recognized as an internal or external command. I have no clue what I could be doing wrong. I mean it all sounds too simple.

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Arctic HD. Super sexy and fluid. Everything is working fine except Google Maps not signing in. I cleared the cache and have performed several reboots since install. I must be missing something.....

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Got it! I"m an idiot. :) You know how you said place the utility on your desktop for easier access later? Well... I moved the damn then instead of making a shortcut therefore the adb was in the huge file! Not chilling on the desktop w the utility.. I broke the path between the utility and the abd other stuff needed. Now I'm rooted! Glad I didn't give up ha. And thanks everyone for your help and patience. Now to install safestrap and ARCTIC HD!

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Arctic HD. Super sexy and fluid. Everything is working fine except Google Maps not signing in. I cleared the cache and have performed several reboots since install. I must be missing something.....

What error are you getting?

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Got it! I"m an idiot. :) You know how you said place the utility on your desktop for easier access later? Well... I moved the damn then instead of making a shortcut therefore the adb was in the huge file! Not chilling on the desktop w the utility.. I broke the path between the utility and the abd other stuff needed. Now I'm rooted! Glad I didn't give up ha. And thanks everyone for your help and patience. Now to install safestrap and ARCTIC HD!

I'm glad you didn't give up ;) it is hard to try to diagnose issues on this end at times guys so patience is a must! I'll do anything I can to help whoever i can.

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
What error are you getting?

I just went to get a screen grab for you and oddly, it finally decided to log in. Braden, your power works in mysterious ways. Thanks :beer:

Anyway, I think the error message was just a generic "unable to sign in" overlaid right onto the maps app.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349022893413.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349022893413.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 180

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Just for sh!ts and giggles go into your settings in Maps and to through them one by one to see if anything looks wrong. Honestly it could have just been a temporary glitch with the Google servers buddy. Please keep me updated on your experience.

;)

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Are your contacts backed up with Google? If not then you need a rom that is based off motoblur otherwise you won't be able to use backup assistant.

Did you create a back up before you flashed? If so just restore that.

If not then you need to use the utility to go back to stock. Directions are in the op.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)
I honestly thought I did well before I rooted, but apparently not. I also did not create a back up :-!

Anyways, I think I'm stuck. Every time I go into AP Fastboot, it stays on one screen, which, I'm guessing, is the main screen for AP Fastboot. Says battery OK and all that. It also says device is locked. If you need a pic of what I'm talking about I can get one.

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Nothing out of the ordinary for having to essentially turn it on again for the first time. Traffic was selected as one of the layers which I found a little odd, but that's it. Otherwise, just been busy enjoying this sexy ass ROM and exploring what I can now do with root access.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I honestly thought I did well before I rooted, but apparently not. I also did not create a back up :-!

Anyways, I think I'm stuck. Every time I go into AP Fastboot, it stays on one screen, which, I'm guessing, is the main screen for AP Fastboot. Says battery OK and all that. It also says device is locked. If you need a pic of what I'm talking about I can get one.

From there just use option 1 in matts utility to go back to stock.

Using my Kindle Fire breathing CM9

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Nothing out of the ordinary for having to essentially turn it on again for the first time. Traffic was selected as one of the layers which I found a little odd, but that's it. Otherwise, just been busy enjoying this sexy ass ROM and exploring what I can now do with root access.

Sounds like just a temporary glitch. Let us know if it happens again.

Using my Kindle Fire breathing CM9

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the unable to sign in error. I think it pertains to latitude. I wouldn't worry too much about it I haven't seen any loss of functionality

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So now my phone will not work w the car dock.. and most of the dock options I had w my HDMI dock have disappeared as well. Any thoughts? My phone does charge while in the car dock but nothing else. It doesn't go into vehicle mode. I really like using my docks.