How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

Dakotah Santiago1

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
i have a droid razr maxx, the phone was rooted through the batman razrutility 1.82. i followed the step by step procedures the batman razrutility 1.82 provided successfully. safestrap was installed on phone also with razrutility 1.82. i boot the phone up and click on app and it closes upon opening saying application is not responding. do i need a different safestrap installed? is the one im installing missing some files/documents? what am i doing wrong? this phone is not connected to a service provider by has a clean ESN and will soon to be flashed to pageplus if this information helps. thanks

Dakotah Santiago1

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Another problem I may add to this ongoing wreck im putting myself through switching service providers.... I switched from Verizon to pageplus with my razr maxx. The problem im having is the phone is (after flashing the phone) the data is stuck on 1x data and no picking up the 3g that's available in my area. I believe I need to change the PRL but lack the knowledge into doing this myself. it would be nice to have a youtube video or a step by step way into helping me get out of this pre historic 1x data connection. PLZ help anyone! Thanks again for your time!!!:confused:

dpcole7

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That is the Arctic HD rom. It has it built in!

[Rom] Arctic Hd - DroidRzr.com

Sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@gmail.com

I made the mistake of installing 4.1.2 from here:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/03/0...-16-for-those-on-ice-cream-sandwich-6-16-211/

It's laggy as heck, is 98.72.16 and not the 12/24 release...

But Ice Cream Sandwich is the prerequisite for that Arctic download.

I'll keep an eye on when an existing JB install can be overrode with that mod.

If I were to try and install that rom, despite having JB installed, I'd probably brick it... *sigh*

1afteri

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody, I have an xt908 like some of the other people but have a system of 6.16.207 from cellcom in Wisconsin. I'm on 4.0.4 and do not have any intention on updating, plus my provider is usually the last to get the update out. Any suggestions on roms I could possibly use? Really i"m just interested in getting the superuser up and running, Any help would be appreciated.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You don't need a ROM then. Superuser is part of rooting. You only need to root. Use matt's tool to root and you should be good to go. ROMs are for changing the version or staying on the same and removing bloatware usually. Not needed in your case.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

stryder36x

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I just want to root to use the hotspot feature (no ROMs at least yet). I've read your OP and it's great but I'm on JB now so I'm trying to use the other link you posted. Thing is, there's no instructions. At least that I can find. In either thread. So now I'm even more nervous about this whole process. Additionally, in the OP it said to download the latest drivers, which I did but the only option the installer gave was to repair or remove (I guess this means I'm all up to date?) but I didn't know if I needed the Android SDK as well? So now I'm super confused and lost.

stryder36x

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
And what does the line

" Make sure you have Smart Actions fully installed, unfrozen and unmodified"

Mean exactly?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And what does the line

" Make sure you have Smart Actions fully installed, unfrozen and unmodified"

Mean exactly?

Maker sure smart actions is running before rooting. If it(smart actions) is frozen or modified the root won't work.

Amit Lohar

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
hi..m using htc explorer a310e...i wanted to know that...if i root my device...is it necessary to install rom again or any custom roms...i just want to gain root access to my device n keep using the same original rom provided by the htc..is it possible??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress