Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrytcc17 View Post
    JB isn't available anymore? Not everyone is able to update. Any word why. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    It was an accidental release. Go side load it, it's a great upgrade.

Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

Issues I have seen thus far:

**random reboots- although I havent had any in a few days, the 24th and 25th I had 3 each day, none since
    **I cannot find the stopwatch/timer anywhere
    **camera shutter speed seems slower to me

Other than that it has been a fantastic release- I am not having any WIFI issues

ROM
    Arctic HD

No reboots or any other issues for me, except for the stock text messaging app. Is any one else having a problem where is shows messages as sending until I send another message in the same conversation?

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

For those of you having problems can you state if you wiped the cache or did a fdr? I have been on JB for 6 hrs now and it's been flawless so far. I'll have to report back in a few days. I also did an FDR right after install.

ROM
    Arctic HD

I side loaded mine from a fresh .211 install.

So far the messaging thing is the only issue, but I'm not convinced that it's a build issue as its more likely just an app issue. Haven't got around to clearing cache and data for messaging yet.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Side loaded it, no root. Cleared the cache afterwards.

Does anyone know where the timer/stopwatch went?

I have read a couple of places where a couple of people said that they might have issues with blue tooth on this build. I use blue tooth a lot and I need it to work properly. Can anyone confirm that bt is working properly or not. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    OD, DX, D3, Bionic, Nexus, RAZR Max and Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by myersjesse View Post
    I have read a couple of places where a couple of people said that they might have issues with blue tooth on this build. I use blue tooth a lot and I need it to work properly. Can anyone confirm that bt is working properly or not. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    ;

No blue tooth issues here
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

I did a factory reset. The only thing I have noticed is that if my wifi signal is weak it will go up and down where before it would stay connected. Also it took me about 2 hours to figure out the symbol flashing above my bars is where I'm connected to a network extender. I can't remember how many times I restarted my phone to try and make that go away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by myersjesse View Post

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I've had the issue of BT dropping out here and there. Nothing prolonged, but enough to miss a word or two in a convo.

And a new issue to add to the fold: the screen dim and brighten is not a smooth transition. Goes through 3 levels of brightness in defined steps.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
    Thanked by:

I have the screen dim issue on ics. Anyone notice a difference in signal strength?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I confirmed that my wi-fi problem with Jelly Bean was related to running Juice Defender. Once I ditched that, I've had no wi-fi signal issues.

This phone has never run as well as it is now on Jelly Bean.

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Default Re: December 24 Update?

Since I have upgraded my OS to JB I keep getting this message every morning, I have no clue what it means etc. and was wondering if anyone else has it:

"Unfortunately , The Process Com Motorola.vzw.vmm has stopped" what is that all about ?

Quote Originally Posted by gregba View Post
    ;

No blue tooth issues here
    +1 my plantronics pro hooked right up.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bed269 View Post
    I did a factory reset. The only thing I have noticed is that if my wifi signal is weak it will go up and down where before it would stay connected. Also it took me about 2 hours to figure out the symbol flashing above my bars is where I'm connected to a network extender. I can't remember how many times I restarted my phone to try and make that go away.

Same here- Installed Leaked JB using Safestrap 3.7 and JBXT912 dual boot utility. Over past 2 days checked three ROMs designed on new JB kernel all exhibited weak WIFI connections. Did wipes and FDR on all three installs. Went one room away from my Verizon motorola router and WIFI repeatedly dropped. Previous on ICS rom had a great connection in all areas of home, never recall being disconnected. Also for comparison went to a local Starbucks I routinely visit, WIFI dropped in parking lot area very close to front door repeatedly. Also had more distance on ICS, routinely maintained connection in car much further away. I'm convinced it must be a JB Rom issue and hope its improved prior to another release.

Also never received a WIFI available notification on any of the 3 JB ROMS. Otherwise, all ran buttery smooth.
    Last edited by doby-nut; 12-29-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiz View Post
    Since I have upgraded my OS to JB I keep getting this message every morning, I have no clue what it means etc. and was wondering if anyone else has it:

"Unfortunately , The Process Com Motorola.vzw.vmm has stopped" what is that all about ?
    I had that same message 2 times the day I installed and never since that day. Not sure what it means.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiz View Post

Believe I read on a forum that message is related to Verizon Backup Assistant, might try freezing that app with TiBU.

I would recommend anyone having issues with BT, WiFi, etc to wipe and reflash JB. Everything should work, this has been my experience.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 & Incredikernel

Followed everything they said to do at this link:

And when I got to flashing JB from the Motorola recovery, using the file I downloaded from the link on that thread, I get a message that update installation was aborted. Talk about disappointing.
    "If you make me open this . . . . I'm gonna use the whoooooole can."

Maybe the download became corrupt. Try it again. I downloaded the JB ROM to my device then made a copy on my laptop. I opened the zip file on my laptop just to make sure it was complete.

no update yet.
    spoke with Verizon - no info on updates.
    looked at Motorola forum - nothing there.

hope it is better than ICS - it really screwed up things.

Had it since it was released to manually sideload it and no problem at all. Had one random reboot but other than that it has ran flawlessly. When I tether sometimes it turns off my bluetooth but that is just my tethering app. Once I turn it back on it connects to my Microsoft Sync. All in all it is really stable and if rooted runs even better!!
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 & Incredikernel

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRef12 View Post
    Maybe the download became corrupt. Try it again. I downloaded the JB ROM to my device then made a copy on my laptop. I opened the zip file on my laptop just to make sure it was complete.
    Tried this today. No joy. At "Verifying current system . . . " I get:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapper", "f39fcb2d78b9e92e9fbedc6a62a047dc23459416", "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a")
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Too bad I have no idea what any of that means. Anyone?.
    "If you make me open this . . . . I'm gonna use the whoooooole can."
    Deluxe Member

This Wifi issue is annoying. It's sad that I'm getting better battery life on 3-4 bar 4g than on Wifi in my own home.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    This Wifi issue is annoying. It's sad that I'm getting better battery life on 3-4 bar 4g than on Wifi in my own home.

No WiFi for you either?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast