Rakuten "Samsung did not provide cash back for this purchase"

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's been extending every quarter. It showed Feb 15 2024 for check to be mailed, now it shows May 15, 2024. I just emailed them this morning.. We'll see what happens
I just got a $63 check put into my PayPal on the 15th. But Rakuten itself gave me $50 since Samsung wasn't paying. I bought another magnetic pop grip round and it was only 2% cashback but then they said I will see $50 added to my account I guess for the next deposit.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 things, one is they actual paying you back which happens quarterly. The other is cash back being credited to your Rakuten account which is the important one. As long as, the cash back is actual credit and showing on your Rakuten account you are good.

I did email them about my S24 Ultra cash back still but being credited to my Rakuten account, but haven't heard back even after a week. How are you folks reaching out to them?

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There are 2 things, one is they actual paying you back which happens quarterly. The other is cash back being credited to your Rakuten account which is the important one. As long as, the cash back is actual credit and showing on your Rakuten account you are good.

I did email them about my S24 Ultra cash back still but being credited to my Rakuten account, but haven't heard back even after a week. How are you folks reaching out to them?
I use the missing cashback option

Reactions: bhatech

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I emailed them also. They said due to heavy demand there was a wait. Probably having to explain where everyone's money is at.

Reactions: bhatech

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Rakuten finally responded and said they have not received confirmation from Samsung yet or they are waiting for the time limit of me not returning the product. I responded saying this is over a year ago and the return policy is way past. They responded and said they manually issued the cash back. We'll see what happens

I really wonder if Samsung and rakuten is the same company.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Well, Rakuten just changed my cashback amount from 12% to 3%. No explanation was given.
When did you order it ? I know sometimes it will say a certain percentage but if you look at exceptions it's different depending on what you buy that day ..like today it's 3% but home electronics are 2% ...

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
When did you order it ? I know sometimes it will say a certain percentage but if you look at exceptions it's different depending on what you buy that day ..like today it's 3% but home electronics are 2% ...
I purchased it during pre-order time with 12% cashback.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They had emailed me back a week ago saying to submit order confirmation for faster processing using the track cash back link. They provided the link in the email.

I hadn't gotten time to submit it until today. Just used the link provided, specified the order number, date and order subtotal. After submitting they immediately added $69.44 cash back to my account

The message said "Samsung usually reports orders to us within a few days of the purchase date. Although they haven't reported your order yet, we're happy to get this cash back into your account now."

I'll take it, thanks Rakuten !!!

Reactions: fresca2u

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
They had emailed me back a week ago saying to submit order confirmation for faster processing using the track cash back link. They provided the link in the email.

I hadn't gotten time to submit it until today. Just used the link provided, specified the order number, date and order subtotal. After submitting they immediately added $69.44 cash back to my account

The message said "Samsung usually reports orders to us within a few days of the purchase date. Although they haven't reported your order yet, we're happy to get this cash back into your account now."

I'll take it, thanks Rakuten !!!
I did all of that last year on the S23U, they added the money just like you. This year the money was still just sitting there. I emailed them again and they responded they haven't received confirmation from Samsung yet, and they said if i received any discounts on the order that would have voided the cash back.

I don't know where the blame falls here, rakuten or Samsung.. Knowing Samsung the way I know them, probably Samsung. I'm betting with the pre-order discounts we aren't suppose to get the ratuken discount. Samsung isn't smart enough to disable the promos when using the rakuten order link. I understand not stacking discounts, but have it so you can't get both during the order process. On the other hand rakuten has this happen year after year maybe they should put on their Samsung link a warning that you can't stack discounts, if you use this link you will lose Samsung discount, or if you received a discount from Samsung you will not get this one.

They said they are sending the money now. We'll see, it's not here yet. My account says mailed Feb 22.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just saw this and have never used it before but it says I activated Retail Me Not for 12% it says activated on 1/12 but I didn't get it. It says you have 45 days. That's weird! I use the app to find coupons but have never recieved cash back from them but I must of actiavted it and don't remember. Cause samsung told Rakuten I activated another app but Rakuten gave me $50 so I guess that was good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej